Thursday, January 15, 2009

Reanimated Frame Card

Yeah, that's right - more little L's!!!

If you want to see how I made this little Stampin Up! frame, click here.

I decided to keep this card simple. It features Sweet Stems from the NEW CATALOG! It has such clean lines and great details that I thought I should just SIMMAH DOWN NAH on the embellishments for a change.

There's not even GLITTER!! EEEK.

I colored the flower with Pacific Point Blue and Summer Sun and my blender pen.

I just squished my ink pad to get the lighter yellow and used drops of reinker to get the more intense yellow.
Oh - PS - I discovered that a mysterious pain in my left, double jointed thumb, was from squishing my ink pads. It got really bad for a while. My tip? Squish them between your palms, not your fingers!!

Pray for my little beasts today during their spays :( Look at em - they're just BABIES.

Okay, maybe this is how they look now, but they look like that in my mind.



Have you signed up for the UBlue Cyber Club? Attended one of my Webinars?? Come on - get your geek on! :)

Want to see my other blog?

9 comments:

  1. Hi Lydia-

    They look like babies to me as well. They are so cute!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card, Lydia!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what adorable babies! I often look at my kitty and imagine her as a child.

    And I always use my palms to squish my ink pads. My thumbs would totally collapse under the pressure. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lydia,
    I absolutely love your blog and check it every day. Not only for all your wonderful creative work, but also because I love your two cats. I have two also adorable cats named Wolfgang and Ludwig. They came through their "operations" just fine and I'm sure your babies will as well.

    Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good wishes and prayers for little Maddie and Splotchy! I am sure everything will go well and they will be home again soon.

    Love the card...very pretty colors and love the simple design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OHHH how sweet..and I love that set! as a matter a fact going to go use it now! lol

    -Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  7. They grow up so fast, don't they! Good luck at the vet, I know you will be as stressed out as they are.

    I love the idea of the brackets!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They will come home and give you the look "how could you do this to us" but you are the mom and have to make those tough calls. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh! Your little babies are so cute!! Your black kitty looks like my cat Crazy, and your little brindle/tortie looks like my baby Moonbeam. I have 6 others, too. (yes, I know-crazy, but we rescued a pregnant stray and just couldn't give them up).

    Love your blog-just recently discovered it during your Leadership posts- OMG are you funny- I about split my side reading your winkos post!!lol

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...