Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Things You Shouldn't Do to Mayonnaise and Twinkies, and You Won Something!

It's really hard to narrow those titles down, you know?

I woke up at 2:16. Not quite voluntarily. Maddie, understandably, needed me to stand up and hug her for an hour. I'm serious. Every time I even bent my knees or leaned against something like a horse to try to sleep, she cried. "Look," she screams in silent feline language "You are the reason I'm in this mess. You do not have a cone on your head. You do not sleep in a tent now. You will stand. You will hold me. So it is meowed, and so it shall be."

In this state, you think about things. Like the heinous atrocity wrought upon your mayonnaise. I really need to get this off my chest. I hate the mayo I accidentally bought. Not the God given Hellman's original. No - a foul imposter.

I DON'T EAT MAYONNAISE FOR MY HEART!

SO DON'T JACK IT UP WITH WEIRD OIL OR LIGHTNESS.

AND NOW THAT I'M STANDING UP AT 2 AM YELLING ABOUT IT, LEAVE MY FREAKING POTATO CHIPS, TWINKIES, AND SOUR CREAM ALONE TOO. IF YOU EVEN CONSIDER LIGHTENING, ADDING ARTIFICIAL SWEETENER OR CHEMICALS TO COFFEE HAGEN DAAZ I AM TELLING YOU I WILL COME AT YOU LIKE A SPIDER MONKEY!!

I don't actually eat twinkies. They're gross. They used to be really good. But if they came out with a light version I WOULD YELL ABOUT IT.

I feel better.

So I will share the answer to the mystery of the dots and reveal Kydia's New Catty Pick for Fave Set, and hence a winner!

Okay - Remember the mysterious DSP dots from this "Pimp My Stamps" post? Well they are actually from a Sizzix Die - the "Flowers" die with the little daisy chain that I used on tonight's card. The dots are the centers of the flowers that I of course could not bring myself to throw away! They are the perfect size for a mini glue dot and they just cried out to be used.

So on to this ditty. I'm not good at making serious, gushy, Women's Entertainment Network, soft focus valentine's cards with 8 paragraphs about why I love you even when you leave the toilet seat up. I'm just not.

So instead, I have little pink owls that are dreaming of their true, cupcakey love!! Owl always love you, little cupcake!!

The Owl is a DoodleFactory image, as are the hearts and the cupcakes. The DSP is a combo of Raspberry Fizz and the Candy Lane. I know it's different color families, but I like them together!

And speaking of things I like, I've tortured you long enough.

If you were reading my blog during the contest, I asked you guys to get your new cattys and to guess my favorite set for a DSP paper sampler.

It was hard. My hostess club members know that every stamp I own is my fave set. I will say that the finalists included Bird on a Branch, Park Avenue Patterns, Trendy Trees, Thoughts and Prayers, Font of You, Classy andFabulous, For the Bride, Cheep Talk and That's Funny...

But in the end, my very favorite is Branch Out. There's something just a bit.. wistful about that bare tree and the tiny tiny bird that squeezes my heart. I can't resist wistful, even with "donut be sad" and "complimentary peanuts" calling my name..

So a girl named Ann (love the name) who I think made her first comment on my blog under "Ecarged" is my winner! Somehow you knew me! :) Funny how that works. Inkypaws - who I KNOW knows my little crazy heart, also guessed this. So she is my runner up and will get something also! :)

Please email me Ann!!

Hope you guys have a great night.

And oh yeah - I've got more stuff.

Thank you for all your emails today about my Splotch. s(HE) is doing great today.

XO

Me

Have you signed up for the UBlue Cyber Club? Attended one of my Webinars?? Come on - get your geek on! :)

Want to see my other blog?

10 comments:

  1. I just KNEW it! As I flipped my pages bare I thought....Lydia is going to go for that tree...lol! WTG winners!

    So sorry poor Maddie is needing extra mommy time. Hopefully the fur babies will not look like they come from France very, very soon. (Get it? Coneheads?)

    Love the card...that paper is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also yell when 'they' mess with my food. I say "All butter, all the time!"; in moderation, of course.

    And I like the owl's tail sticking out over the edge of the DS paper. ;-)

    WV: knessoc. Made me think of knee-socks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought that they were form the 1/4" circle punch!!! I see we have one thing NOT in common...I totally don't like mayo AT ALL. It makes me gag. I guess 'cause I grew up on Miracle Whip. I've heard mayo lovers feel the same way aobut my MW. Anyway....hope you have a great day!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kydia your the best!!!

    I love several of the same sets as you do, Branch Out, Bird on a Branch, Cheep Talk, Trendy Trees and the whell for Classy & Fabulous are going on my first order. I can't wait to see what you do with these sets. I'm also curious to see what you do with Park Avenue Patterns. I also love Thoughts and Prayers but will not order it as I hate the double mounted sets.


    How is Splotchy doing today?

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love love that Owl card! So adorable!

    And I feel so bad for your fur babies!!! I'm a sucker for our little kitten's cries all the time too...can't help it!

    Hope they are "up and running" very very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Owls AND cupcakes? Are you kidding me??? My faves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty card! I love that owl, he looks so cute in pink.

    Lisa A.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my ..... how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hellman's rules!

    WORD: Guanceda- sounds like a horrible venereal disease.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woo Hoo.. lucky winners! I'm just catching up on your posts, and I'm glad little splotch is doing better.. hope you've changed vets!
    - Sharon F/ CreatedByU

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...