Sunday, January 4, 2009

Heart Strings

I saw this layout on a blog that I cannot find anywhere - the card was adorable, and there were little stars on the strings. If you've seen this card, please let me know so I can link to the brilliant lady who designed it.

I thought I'd change it up with heartstrings. Little blue hearts are a nice cool splash in the warm Tangerine Tango DSP. It's nice to do a little change-up on normal holiday color schemes. Valentines don't have to be pink and red, especially if your heart is blue!

The card is a 4x4 Valentine size, and the DSP is cut to 3.75" x 3.25" and then I hand cut the wave with my craft knife. I stamped the little greeting from Absolutely Fabulous in the gap.

I punched the hole in the top piece with my 1 3/8" punch and used the edge of my dimensionals above and below the hole. This is what I stuck the linen thread to.

I then sandwiched two teeny blue hearts from the new punch around each thread, and added other dimensionals to pop this up off the page. Very easy and fun card.

Congrats to Emily - one of my fabby downline - who got a promotion to Senior Associate! Way to go Emily! She just started in September, so she is off to a wicked great start!!

I have the best little flock in the world!

Happy Sunday - remember, it's a day of rest!

4 comments:

  1. I remember seeing the card you were inspired by. I can't remember who created it. I commented on her blog, because I didn't recognize she had used Kristina's template:
    http://kwernerdesign.com/blog/2008/09/patience-is-a-virtue.html

    That's a funny coincidence that you used Kristina's handwriting stamp on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is sweet and simple and adorable! i wish i was going to leadership this coming week...can't wait to hear your thoughts on all that you encounter there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thisis such a cute idea...the possibilities are endless!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heartstrings! Very clever! How's it going in the lower part of Austin? Same as always, here in Georgetown. Looking forward to rain tomorrow. I'm gonna case you- i just love this card! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...