Monday, January 19, 2009

** NEWSFLASH ** a Surprise, and a Tail Update


Several surprises actually!!

The new catalog starts today!! EEEEEEEEEEEEK! I placed my first order and I can't wait!! Tomorrow is the big reveal of my fave set - if you haven't entered your guess yet to win a paper sampler, don't forget to do that!

If you'd like to place an order right this second, click here! (Be patient - the server is getting hammered today.)

There's still time to join my Cyber Club also! This club will be the first week in February, and all the projects will feature new stamps and accessories - you don't want to miss it!

Then, after no sleep all weekend, I failed to schedule my webinar Sunday - I'm so sorry!!

I will hold my next webinar tomorrow - at 6:30 PM CST. If you'd like to sign up, please click my sidebar. If you've already signed up, you'll receive a link with the meeting instructions tomorrow!

Two surprises for you. Lisa Page - you have made me laugh so freaking hard you've won a prize. Please email me your address. Same with Suzanne Watson - who said that what was wrong with my parking garage picture was that it wasn't of stuff from the new catalog. Please email me.

Okay, now for some serious news.Something bad happened to Splotchy when (s)he was in for the spay. When I brought her home I patted her and I felt what felt like her tail was broken. :( It didn't seem to hurt her, so I thought maybe she was holding it funny.

But she wasn't. We took her back today, and even though no one confessed to seeing or doing anything to hurt her tail, the xrays told another story. Her first little tail joint is subluxated. :( They can't fix it because it would risk hurting the nerves in her tail, which are very important and could cause her to lose her pretty tail if damaged.

So basically we have to watch her and see if she starts to drag her tail or lose feeling in it.

I'm so sad. I love those little beasts so much and I am so careful to make sure they're safe & happy and then I take them to the vet and this happens.

So that's why I didn't chat about it this morning. It really upsets me. And this is a happy blog.

She is not in any pain though, and is misbehaving at the normal rate. She has both front legs shaved like a poodle - Maddie has one. Apparently they are itchy. We liberated them from their cones for a few minutes tonight and they went straight for their poodle legs!!
They are so embarrassed that I'm blogging this indignity :)
They send furry thanks for all the concerns. Their celebrity has gone to their heads!!

I will post the answer to the dots question from this morning tomorrow if that's cool with everybody.

But if you need some eye candy - head over to Project Reanimate for a new creation!

Oh, and I think my brother did the best MLK day tribute I've seen, so click here to read what he says on the subject.


Have you signed up for the UBlue Cyber Club? Attended one of my Webinars?? Come on - get your geek on! :)

Want to see my other blog?

10 comments:

  1. Oh no....your baby....I'm so sorry. I hope everything ends up ok with her tail. Poor baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh!! I just can't believe that!!!! I sure hope that she stays okay and that there are no changes for the worse. That is just insane. I think your vet owes you your money back for her spaying since they permanantly damaged her. How do they know it doesn't hurt at all? Maybe she has a high pain tolerance? Okay...not being helpful here probalby, I just can't believe that!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH NO that is so awful. Poor kitty. Sure hope he is okay. Have to use my old computer as laptop is ill :o( and probably won't have it for a couple of days. This old puter is sooooo very slow......have told everyone - no emails but doubt they will listen. Give the little fur babies a snuggle from Auntie Lynne, Hugs n' Stuff, Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so sad. Poor Splotchy. The vet should have checked the tail when the accident happened.

    ReplyDelete
  5. New reader here! What happened to your kitty is inexcusable. Good vets are so difficult to come by. I thank God for mine! Maybe it's time you switch vets. Spayings are pretty routine. Imagine what could happen down the road for something more serious. :(

    Hope they feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG. So sad about your kitties tail. I sympathize because my girl dog has been to the vet so many times over her skin being all itchy and they never could figure out what to do and we tried everything that they asked us to try.

    I hope her tail doesn't hurt or fall off (eek!)

    I put my guess for the paper on your last post.

    M.E.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That poor baby! My kitties are so special to me, and I know how you are feeling. I'm sure she'll get better and her pretty tail will be just fine! I know it's breaking your heart to have them in the collars, but it's better than trying to bandage little legs and keep them from ripping them off.

    {{{hugs to splotchy}}}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, no! I'm so sorry for poor Splotchy - sending lots of good thoughts to your precious fur-baby!! Grrrr to the vet-someone owes you & poor little Splotchy a *lot*.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poor baby!! However, ol' Splotchy might be destined for a crooked tail. Same thing happened to my poor kittie and he holds it crookedly with pride!!

    LOVED you brother's MLK post.Love his entire blog...spent 2 hours reading past posts. You two rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for linking your brother's MLK posting - truly, it's one of the best posts I've read (and I've read a lot) - short, sweet, and to the point!

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...