Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Non-Sisterhood of the Solitary Traveling Blogger, Wearing Pants

Catchy, eh?

Well I thought since I don't get to give you any peeks today I should share some moments from the trip.

1) Outside bag check luggage dood (THANKS FOR THE GRATUITY!! that's what they always yell when you give em a tip so the cheapskates behind you get the hint and start rooting around for money) tells me there are 50 empty seats on my plane. That's what Understand Blue is talking about, my people.
2) Dick Gephardt wrecking house on some BBQ at the airport. His wife looks like a little Dallas lady - all frosted short, older Dallas lady prototypical haircut, little vest, earrings, corduroy black pants. He had on a very pretty black overcoat and a low level of awareness of people taking surreptitious crackberry photos of him. A kid sitting next to me just rocked on over while he was eating and said hi. Who knew that kid was even old enough to know who he was. He told the kid he had a speech somewhere. He was very polite.
3) Plop down, in solitary pants wearing traveling blogger mode, by the window (warm), by a plug (lifeline). Take some pictures of the slowly emerging sun on our plane. Wait.

Hope I get a good aisle seat with no one touching me. I brought a good book.


Have you signed up for the UBlue Cyber Club? Attended one of my Webinars?? Come on - get your geek on! :)

4 comments:

  1. i abhor airports, or really airPLANES. More power to you! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, you should fly with my kiddo. Everyone sees you have a kid and they get as far away from you as possible. Then you just put her little headphones on her and hand her the Leapster and she is quiet as a church mouse the entire trip. (Of course, feeding her M & M's helps, too.)

    I totally understand not wanting to be touched by "seatmates". I have been using A. as a human shield since she was 10 weeks old.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just think of the Airplane scene on Planes, Trains, and Automobiles... :) Hope you are having a nice trip!

    ~M

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...