Tuesday, October 24, 2017

May Your Days Be Furry and Bright!

Howdy little blog critters!

I am very excited to be a guest designer over on the MFT blog today! I adore Kim - the owner and have an immense amount of respect for what she has built at MFT. Lots of politicians can talk about creating jobs, but Kim has actually done it. Many times over. She has an awesome team, and I'm proud to call this generous, kind, funny, soft-hearted and fierce woman my friend. We have a lot in common, and one of those things is a crazy love for all creatures great and small. She has a large assortment of animals in her "menagerie" and I keep threatening to show up and move in and PET ALL THE THINGS. I plan on stopping by next fall when I head to Orlando - I've always pined to see her store and get to spend more time with her than the small moments we have in the chaos of CHA.

So I'm very excited to be their guest today. I started with what is really a nod to Kim's soft heart for the critters - a furry holiday card. AND, I used something fuzzy to create it! We had a fun challenge during Falliday Fest to wrap a fuzzy yarn around an acrylic block and then stamp with it - and it was a hoot. I tried two different kinds of yarn, and you can see the difference in the video below.

MFT Guest Designer - Day 1 Understand Blue


The background was a Gel Press print from a printing session I did with my sister. I just grabbed my hex chart and found Copics to match for my little blue dog. He's so cute! Then I used the Polar Pals Dienamics to cut shimmery stars and it was done! So here is a very quick video on the yarn blocking process - enjoy!



Loveyameanitbye.

7 comments:

  1. Oooo I love that! Looks like I’ll finally have to get that gel press!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the effect of stamping with yarn! Always enjoy reading your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This little guy (he's blue) or gal (she's wearing a pink hat) is ADORABLE! Such a fun image for this super-fun background! You amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your visit won’t come soon enough for me! I am so looking forward to some quality time with you and the zoo always welcomes attention, and new fans!! Thank you for your sweet words, it really means a lot to me that you feel that way. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can not wait for your visit and am so looking forward to spending some quality time with. The zoo will love some extra attention and new friends! Thank you so very much for your sweet comments, it means so much to me that you feel that way. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun technique! I love the Happy Pawlidays stamp set from MFT, they are just too adorable. I'm not receiving any emails now at babysnag@cox.net. I would appreciate if you could check on that. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  7. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️this awesome background, your fuzzy blue bear is adorable! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...