Monday, October 9, 2017

Happy Little Trees

I'm so glad Bob Ross is still being preserved in everyone's hearts! I LOVED that show when we finally got a TV in the 80s. I thought he was magical. I loved his calm, funny presence and just his perspective on life. I remember when I found out why he used that quiet voice, and I never would have guessed it.

Having held military positions that required him to be, in his own words, "tough" and "mean", "the guy who makes you scrub the latrine, the guy who makes you make your bed, the guy who screams at you for being late to work", Ross decided that if he ever left the military, he would never scream again. (source)

How sweet is that? And his little mountain scenes were inspired by his time in the Air Force.

Just a great influence on everyone's life, that guy. I stream his show on Netflix while I paint just to hear his voice and quirky wisdom. It's so encouraging that an art show - and a really good art show is still so popular.

So the other day when my friend Rachel posted about this stamp set on Facebook, I could not click Buy It Now fast enough!



Did you squeal a little?? I hope you did! I DID!!

How cute is that???

This card was for Dina's challenge today - I had to pick a tutorial that started with the first letter of my name - so I chose our Layered Autumn Leaves tutorial because it's beautiful and it could not be more perfect!

I followed her tutorial pretty much to the letter, but I stamped and masked him first, and then when everything else was done, I removed the mask and Copic colored him with the colors above. Sorry - I know it's a lot of colors, but he's BOB ROSS!

Sitting behind me as I type this is this amazing Funko Pop Bob Ross doll,


and on its way to me is the Bob Ross board game - the Art of Chill



So many fun things, so little time.

I knew Dina would love my challenge sample because she loves him too. So I kept it a secret until this morning when her challenge is live. 

I hope you join us at Falliday Fest - Bob Ross would want you to.

Loveyameanitbye.

8 comments:

  1. This is the FIRST thing I saw when I got out of bed this morning...and I DID squee! (My poor cats ran for cover!) I LOVE the entire post! Bob Ross is AMAZING and has been a favorite in my world for as long as I can remember. Your card is a BEAUTIFUL tribute to him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG loud squeal here! You made my day! What a wonderful tribute to Bob Ross. Can't believe - but love - that there is a stamp for him! Thanks for sharing the story about his quiet voice. Yep, I have his show marked as a "favorite" on streaming so I can watch, listen, and chill while creating. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE IT!!!! What a perfect use for this stamp set!! Amazing S always!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. STOP! IT! I absolutely love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! I love the interesting back stories you find and share. What an awesome story about his calm voice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW WOW WOW! You've ALWAYS been THE QUEEN OF CRAFTY , but THIS?????? You just added a 2nd level on your crown!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I spent many happy hours watching Bob Ross painting as a kid! His voice was mesmerizing I just can’t picture him as a drill sergeant, screaming at the recruits! He is such a peaceful soul!
    Love your awesome card! TFS!
    BTW... I have a link for a Prince from Dubai who wants to whisk you away and make you his queen 👸! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just learned of this darling set. I grew up near Muncie, Indiana where his shows where filmed and loved his shows! Thanks for showcasing this new set so wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...