Friday, September 4, 2009

I Want to Ride my Bicycle, I Want to Ride my Bike.

Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride. ~John F. Kennedy

I think the very first thing that ever gave me a concept of good graphic design in my life was a deck of Bicycle Playing Cards.

I remember being fascinated by the patterns, the teeny cherubs balanced on their bikes. the delicate little monochromatic design was good enough to be on currency, I thought. And the resolution, since it was just red or blue and white, was perfection.

I was at Costco the other day and on my way to the checkout I saw a giant box of Bicycle cards - half blue, half red. (Yes, I have plans for the blue ones.) I could not resist. I thought of a million fun things to do with them, this little ditty being the first.

Stamps: Cute & Classic
Ink: Basic Black
Cardstock: Real Red, Noveau Chic DSP, Playing Cards
Accessories: Rub on, 3/4" square punch, ribbon
All supplies (except playing cards) Stampin' Up!

I thought I'd have a little fun, and I added the bicycle image. It's from the Cute & Classic incentive stamp set. I love the beginning of the new catalog year because it means new incentive stamp sets in all their glorious teeniness. This one is my faves in a long time.

There's something so universally appealing about a bike. You probably smile just thinking about a bike ride. I hope so. :)

Tens of thousands who could never afford to own, feed and stable a horse, had by this bright invention enjoyed the swiftness of motion which is perhaps the most fascinating feature of material life. ~Frances Willard, How I Learned to Ride the Bicycle


Have you signed up for the UBlue Cyber Club? Attended one of my Webinars?? Come on - get your geek on! :)

Want to see my other blog?

2 comments:

  1. I think this is the best post of yours that I have ever read.

    Have you ever had your I.Q. tested? I betcha it's OFF THE HOOK!
    Sorry-thinking out loud. :D

    I like bicycles. They don't like me.
    And I'm not going to worry about it! :)

    Love, love, love the card..................................

    I forgot what I was going to say next but I remember that it was really,really good! 2:23 am- that's my excuse!

    WV:roninvi- sounds like the name of a pasta. Really neat if you say it loud like an Italian Gangster sitting in an Italian restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lydia,

    Cool card! Awesome post.

    Hugs,

    Lisa Atha

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...