Sunday, September 20, 2009

Lazy Cats Set World Sleeping Record!

Oh, except for 10 PM to Midnight, during which time they GALLOP around, somehow making sounds like a herd of cattle even though they're teeny and have soft, furry feet, intermingled with barking and scratching things. Yes, barking. Splotchy barks. I will film it. Then, when I wake up at 5:30 this morning (again, courtesy of whining, running cats) they INSTANTLY drop into deep comas which last all day. I'd poke them if they weren't so cute. Truth be told, I've finally convinced them to hang out in the studio by putting fuzzy blankets on my desk, giving me even less space than the 6 square inches I usually have to work in. But they're sooo cute.

Maddie is so vain that she must nap with her stampy likeness, my Sassy Maddie stamp. Shocking ego, this one.
Despite the extreme sleeping, I did manage to get 15 invitations done for my inlaws yesterday. The leaf stamp was given to me, and is a Stampendous image - I think it's out of print now. But it's gorgeous isn't it - with that type in there? I love it. I colored it with copics, even adding a shadow around the leaves with a warm grey.

Stamps: Stampendous Leaf, Sincere Salutations (Stampin' Up!) Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Cardstock: Very Vanilla Accessories: Copics, dimensionals

The little panel they are on is popped up. I don't know why. A whim.

I hope you're having a fabby Sunday! *yawn* I need a nap!

Have you signed up for the UBlue Cyber Club? Attended one of my Webinars?? Come on - get your geek on! :)

Want to see my other blog?

5 comments:

  1. I love the white-on-white. Been doing it a lot myself lately. And I have the same 6 inch square in which to work - whazzup with that?!

    Those cats of yours are TOO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yoo have floofy blankets to attrakt the cats! Well that attrakts us fur sure. And Maddie is not vain...she just knows qualitie when she see's it!

    Oh, and yer leafy stashunary reminds us of "out thare" in the fall. Does it smell like cider too!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lydia,

    OMG! I love this card! This is my new favorite Understandblue card! I love how you placed the leaves on a panel the same color as the card base. Love the layout and colors on the leaves. Well, I just love the whole dog-gone thing!

    Maddie looks too sweet in that photo, makes me want to fly down to Austin to give her a kiss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww... is there anything sweeter than a sleeping kitteh? Only if they're sleeping on your lap or your desk and "helping".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card! I love those leaves! And your kitty is so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...