Saturday, September 12, 2009

There's Just Something About a Fat Cow

That makes me giggle. Well, in this case, a fat little Longhorn. I'd like to think he's not a steer either. :) Wait - do longhorn girl cows have horns? I can't ever remember. Now I'm confused.

But let me back up.

My dear little Libby came up to see me for lunch one day - I am lucky enough to have a Central Market cafe in my building - and she brought her friend Jimmye, who owns Texana Designs - and I taught them brayer tricks during my lunch hour. Everyone needs a brayer trick, right? And the brayer goddess of the world, Michelle Zindorf, who taught her amazing workshop at my house last year, was kind enough to actually teach me which end to use and all that :) so I was somewhat useful, if not Michelle-ish.

So we brayered, and Libby wrestled tea out of a giant crock for us, and Jimmye, who is a little sparkly gem of a lady, gave me this adorable stamp WITH A FAT LITTLE LONGHORN ON IT! I think I said "awww" about forty squillion times.

I AM so thankful for Jimmye and Libby and I wish I got four hour lawyer lunches so I could stamp downstairs with them every day.

I stamped this fat little guy in India Ink on Stampin' Up! watercolor paper, and then used my Aqua Painter to paint him and his landscape with Dusty Durango, Really Rust, Summer Sun, Cameo Coral, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip and Creamy Caramel.

I used a rubon and DSP from the Hostess Prints Pack to finish off my chubby bovine.

I hope you like him.

What are you doing today?

It's my mom's birthday today - Happy Birthday mom!

Have you signed up for the UBlue Cyber Club? Attended one of my Webinars?? Come on - get your geek on! :)

Want to see my other blog?

6 comments:

  1. what a cute li'l cow!

    WV: revings. Plural of reving. As in: Good Reving.

    (okay, that was lame. sorry)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you did with this cute Texana stamp!! Your coloring is wonderful. And love your sweet post. I really hope we can come get crafty with you at work again sometime soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your watercoloring on this is fabulous! Cute stamp image, love the card layout.

    Hugs,

    The Cat Whisperer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Note to self..e-mail SU that we desperately need a long horn steer stamp.

    Happy Birthday Mum!

    I am doing ...um...nothing much...today :-)

    WV PLAMB
    as in...what do you get when you cross a Pig with a Lamb? A PLAMB

    ReplyDelete
  5. ADORABLE card!!! That little longhorn is perfect for you too, huh? Being from Texas and all ;) Also, I just love the "squillion" times you said awwww!! :) That is a cute stamp!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful coloring! This little longhorn is adorable, I agree :)

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...