Thursday, September 17, 2009

Okay - Everyone Get in a Circle...

Are you holding hands with the person next to you? Quit wiggling. Shh. Good. Okay - Well first of all, if you must know, I am the spotlight artist for Firecracker Designs by Pamela this month!! It's TRUE! I would never lie about such a thing! I'm really excited - I love Pamela's designs, and honored to be featured with such a talented group of designers!

And lucky for me, there's a blog hop today, and you people know how much I LOVE blog hops. You will get to find some new artists you may not have seen before and maybe learn some new stuff! I can't wait to see what everyone does!

You're holding hands because this is a circular blog hop, so no matter where you start on the hop, you can go all the way around the circle and see it all. The theme for the hop is Greetings & Salutations. So I would like to greet you WITH A SASSY AND BRIGHT CHICKEN! He's from the Just Chicken up on You set, and I colored him with Copics. Notice that he is carrying a little chicken home remedy in case there's something wrong with you, like the swine flu. Ooh - I hope you don't have the swine flu, since you are all holding hands. I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR A BLOG HOP SWINE FLU OUTBREAK!
Smiley from millan.net

Anyway, after coloring, I paper pieced him onto some Stampin' Up! Night & Day DSP, and stuck him on a Tempting Turquoise base. The greeting is stamped in Tempting Turquoise, and I outlined "Chicken" in Green Galore to make it stand out a bit.

Now, as is customary - there are FREE GOODIES to be won on the hop - LOOKIE!Because she's cool like that, Pamela will choose the winner from a mystery hostess on the hop! None of us know who it is! So leave a comment on every post in the hop, and maybe it will be you. The winner will be contacted by email, so be sure and leave that in your comment as well.

The official kickoff is Friday at 8 AM Eastern, so if you're here early, the links may not all be live, so stop back by! :)

Ready for more? Your next stop on the hop is Donna's beautiful blog.

Thanks so much for chicken in!!! :)

Have you signed up for the UBlue Cyber Club? Attended one of my Webinars?? Come on - get your geek on! :)

Want to see my other blog?

34 comments:

  1. Oh, gosh that is CUTE!! I love the striking colors set on the distressed black DP! Really awesome, Lydia!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card! I always love the colors you use, especially in this one...Not surprised that he is blue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. O I keep forgetting to right and ask you where you get your copics. I checked at two of my local chain art supply stores and neither carried them, any suggestions where to check?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your sassy chicken Lydia!! What fun colors! And as always your post cracked me up. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! I love your blue chicken...
    I love anything blue too!!
    So cute and very colorful. Thanks for sharing!
    Susan K
    sknauber1@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehehe, too funny! AND WOW! Love that chicken!!! He is one sassy, cute'n blue little creature!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh I LOVE those colors!! striking is RIGHT!! really pops off the pge with that distressed looking bg...KOOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bacca Bacca, Lydia!!! Do you remember the cartoon "Super Chicken"? Your little blue guy reminds me of "Super Chicken", bacca, bacca! What a wonderful card and your description and lead in is priceless! We love having you here to share your wonderful and inspiring art!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colors and the chicken. Never thought to put the three colors together. I love how the chicken pops of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A turquoise chicken? You really know how to think outside the box!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your blue chicken sweetie, TFS I think I followed you this morning tee hee Have a great day, Hugs n' Stuff, Lynne
    ( lhurlburt@cogeco.ca)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute card! I love the coloring and how it turned out.
    weysey@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your chicken and the colors are fabulous! One of my favorite combos.

    Kym
    rhiannynn@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lydia, thanks for "Chicken in" on me! It's been 22 hours (not that I'm counting) since I left my DD at her new dorm in Philly and near here in College Park, MD they are having a huge outbreak of swine flu. I may need to make a card like this as a preventative and mail it off to her. - Theresa aka 21stamper at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for creating this really cute card. the color combination is great, These Blog Hops are such great sources of inspiration. Looking forward to seeing what everyone else has created.

    dj_enns@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for creating this really cute card. the color combination is great, These Blog Hops are such great sources of inspiration. Looking forward to seeing what everyone else has created.

    dj_enns@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fun stamp set and beautiful card you've made. Love the colors.

    Rachelle

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great card! The colours are fantastic with how they pop right off the background.

    Thanks,
    Darla
    darlamcc at eastlink dot ca

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE the whimsical look of this card! I can't believe I've never colored my chickies this way!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous, as usual, Lydia, love the little chicken, and the way you colored him. thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your card, but most importantly I love your blog. If I don't get to see it every day I feel like I am missing something. I love the way you write and your "take" on things. The entry today was quite fgunny. Love your humor too. I wish I lived where I could meet you. You would be my wannabe your friend.
    tonilea
    jiffy1212@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love that that little birdie is standing on the swirl, love your blue and green color combo, and love your writing style! Cute card and a funny post!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your card! What a fun and bright chicken that is! I never thought to color them other colors LOL! Love your writing too but I am going to pass on the hand holding LOL I don't want no swine flu :) ROFL! PS. I find it funny my word verification is No Mend :) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a fun card! This is just adorable...love the image and how you colored it! Such a catchy sentiment! :)

    Freida
    freida38801@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the card you made for FCD> It is just so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Now that's a chicken with flair! Fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  27. wow.. I made it back "home" from my blog hop.. Wonderful card Lydia.. as always. Your creations are so artistic.. you take boring and uplift it in a way I would never think of.. in a pandoras box sorta way. Thank you for your card today as well as all the others you have created in the past!
    Christine
    (xtinejonick79@gmail.com)
    on a side note.. I just looked down at my spam word verification thing and its "fultimpy".. imagine that being an actual word! lol

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ha!! Your crackin' me up chick! I guess we would call it "fowl flu" hehe. Your colorization of the image is gorgeous! Such a cute card!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Delightful fun card- love the colors you used- I really love the touch of DP black with flourishes- how that accentuates the focal image. Awesome card- and love your blog! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  30. The sentiment is just a hoot, too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Too cute! The colors are awesome!

    joy.duvall@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a great chicken!! the colors are wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love that chicken! He's so cute and funky! :)

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...