Thursday, October 2, 2008

Eat your veggies!


I made a few more single layer cards last night. Amazing how a time crunch simplifies your designs, isn't it?

I found this little birdie stamp at Hobby Lobby.

I inked it up in Kiwi Kiss, and then rolled it in Baja Breeze. Then I took my teeny weeny micron black pen and outlined the birds and colored in the branch.

The colors are much more saturated IRL - for some reason the blue isn't showing up in this pic.

Then a few more veggie cards for you in the same layout as that cute little acorn card.

I really like that Best Wishes stamp from Bella's Bloom. The font is very cool and it's also nice & big.

Now on the lettuce dress - that's a cherry tomato right? The DH said I did it wrong and it is really a radish.

Settle it please! :)

Gotta run. Got a super cute idea for Kristina's Color Challenge. Hope I have time to make it while I'm procrastinating the preparations for WCMD.

7 comments:

  1. I had to think it over for a second but I think if it was a radish there would be a little "root thread" (you know what I mean right?) attached at the top...the leaves look more like tomato leaves... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Bee too. It looks like a cherry tomato. I love the card with birds too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell him it is a grape tomato. It is shaped just like the ones I eat every day.

    Love this line of stamps and cards...very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the ladies are correct, it is some sort of small tomato. Those are cute cards. I love the simple look. The little birdies are cute too. I am really surprised that you didn't make them in shades of blue. haha. Gotta run. Hello to Maddie and Splotchy!

    Lisa Atha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic cards - I just LOVE the one with the little birdies on a branch! Lots of beautiful work in your blog - I just have to look through it properly!! :D

    I saw you asked Nina about her stamps - you can buy them at e.g. www.kortmakaren.se - I think they ship outside of Sweden, but I'm not sure. Send them a mail, they're usually very quick at answering.

    Take care and have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quite simple but absolutely BEAUTIFUL cards there!! I also think it's a little plum/cherry tomato there...but why don't you make anotherone and paint it like a radish to make your DH happy? ;)

    Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog!
    Yes - as Tettiz wrote, you can find those stamps at http://www.kortmakaren.se. The site is in Swedish, but if you mail them at kortmakaren@tele2.se, I'm sure they'll help you out. The character is called a "Filur" and I've made quite a bunch of them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These little "dresses" are so cute! And I love the bird card too! (And yes, I also think that that is a cherry tomato and not a radish!)

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...