Sunday, October 5, 2008

Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated!!!

Really!

I apologize for the silence! World Card Making Day Festivities Saturday, a 13 mile walk this morning (when is Starbucks going to offer a powdered Advil mix-in Jenn??) and a long editing / voiceover session have made yours truly very sleepy and no longer in control of the space/time continuum! However, I just made myself a sourdough grilled cheese with the most AMAZING chive cheese I've ever tasted and Splotchy is sleeping in my left hand, so blogging fits the moment!!! His little bunny thumpers are stretched out acoss my chest and his head is buried in my hair - he's so cute!! (YES I KNOW HE'S A SHE!)

Anyway, WCMD was SO fun!! Everyone got to make 9 cards and enjoy a mimosa and waffles! This was my card, and Kim and Neelam's beautiful cards were such a huge hit!! Each guest made 3 copies of each card for free, and got to take advantage of our $7 retired stamp sale. It was a blast, and I am so thankful for my creative, sweet and energetic friends!! Thanks to everyone who came!! And a big thanks to Julie Ann at WineStyles!! It's really cool just to get together and stamp!

The card base is Sahara Sand, and so is the middle panel. The mat is Chocolate Chip. The buttons are punched from Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive and Ruby Red, which are also what the Pocket Silhouettes are stamped in. That awesome ribbon is from the Holiday Mini - I love it!! I used all mine at the camp but I will be placing an order soon!

Today's non SU card is slightly spooky! The images are Doodle Factory, which I colored with Copics and accented with my Sakura glitter pen. the main image is mounted on Basic Black then SU Ghostly greetings DSP. Do you see the little tabby stripes on the scary cat? RU skrd?

Well tomorrows cards are cookin, and Im pretty proud, I'm not gonna lie! :)

But in the meantime since some of you have been clamoring for kitty pics, I thought you'd enjoy Splotchy & Maddie's latest tutotorial/campaign commercial, entitled "An American nap." Doesn't it just make you feel patriotic?

Have a good night! And if you've emailed me in the last few days - sorry for the slow response! You'll hear from me soon!!


8 comments:

  1. Yeah....still waiting for a response on lunch tomorrow....:)

    ~Moulder...

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad to know you're alive and well, and as far as mix-ins, the best i can offer at this point is energy booster! we're not a licensed pharmacy, although some consider caffeine a drug!

    great cards! i'm TIRED too, so i'm off to bed...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lydia,

    I am just loving what you andyour friends did with those "Pocket Silhouette" stamps. Mine should be here this week, I can't wait. Love those kitties, thanks for including them in your post.

    Lisa in OHio

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH...the nap segment looks so very relaxing!

    I love your halloween card...the glitter pen makes the tombstones seem so, well, festive. I want glitter pen on my headstone one day, and I am putting you in charge of making sure that happens for me when I pass. In return you get first pickings in my stamp room...lol!

    See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, what adorable kitten pictures! Made my heart melt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Pocket Silhouettes card; gorgeous colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the pocket silhouettes card! I couldn't make it to the class last weekend. What colors did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this silhouette card! This stamp set has really grown on me... :-P
    If only Stampin'Up would decide to go "unmounted"... *sigh*

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...