Sunday, October 19, 2008

Spiked Tooth Waffle Eating Bunny wins Best of Show

Today, I made my own LOL cat peppermint patty treat.

And this is what she had to say about it... She was really digging all the robots, and liked the ones that shot big flames out.

But seriously - it's like I went to sleep and woke up in a world I invented when I was six years old.

A world where the cool thing that gets an award is a fuzzy felted bunny with metal fangs eating a waffle... Am I awake?

I wish I could live at magical Maker Faire forever and cheer for the fangy bunnies. Congratulations Stab Happy owner lady - you are an amazing lady and I'm so glad I got to meet you. Congrats on your award.

Things I saw today - in no particular order:

  • Clothespin people that were incredible creative. Love the gerber daisy skirt. I love clothespin people a lot and have made many.
  • The most amazing Ukranian eggs. I learned how to make these today doing a "community egg"- just gorgeous and easier than you think.
  • This crazy owl hat thing that I wanted to wear around. I love it so much.
  • Some great handmade colorful outfits!
  • A guy who does pancake juggling. No, I'm not high - he juggles pancakes. I interviewed him and he will be on my TV show - yes, I knew you wouldn't believe me.
  • Crazy little monsters you could make from a kit.
  • A three legged dog.
  • A pit, where people were making mud with their feet. I'm super confused because I thought mud didn't need to be made, so much. I guess it's the drought. :) When I walked by the strange mud making ritual I heard a guy guessing "they must be making frog houses", at which point, I got extremely curious about what in the world THAT could possibly have meant and made a mental note to google about 8000 things related to it.
  • A cool bat house, maybe two or three inches from front to back - it's about the size of a cereal box, and our crazy little bats like to stuff themselves in there, like 75 furry bats to a box. I totally wanted to get one but didn't have any money. I got a little bat ring instead. Someday I will have a bat house and it will be stuffed with hot furry bats.
  • A knitted boot.
  • Giant fishing lures - where in the world did they get those hooks??
  • Booglie eyes all over my table when I had a Lucy moment. Oops.
  • The Amazing Hancock Brothers making me some bat prints on their cool press. I love John Hancock! (yes, that's his real name!). When they were making the last print, the block broke - so I got the last print ever from it. I'm happy about that! What sweet people they are.
  • A "gore cannon" that shot fake blood all over people and they walked around looking like zombies all day. The boys loved it!
  • Cool bags made from bags - she actually crochets grocery bags together.
Back to cards tomorrow, but tonight - enjoy the wonder of American creativity and craft.

This was one of the most fun and interesting things I've ever been a part of and I'm very grateful for the experience to meet all these wonderful innovators.

4 comments:

  1. Lydia,

    Wow, those were some really interesting things that you shared from Maker Faire. I wish I could have been there, I am very curious how on earth someone could make purses out of shopping bags. Gotta go make a late night post to my blog. Take care.

    Lisa A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heehee, the wonders of a creative mind!♥
    I imagine you tending to your bats, with the kitties trying to help...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures from Maker Faire! Little Miss has been right here beside me saying "That is too cute" to just about every picture that came up. She really loved the little pink monster, though...lol!

    So glad you got through the weekend, I know it had to be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, man, I contemplated going to the Faire. I should have more than contemplated it. I won't miss it next time. Sounds like a blast.

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...