Monday, August 11, 2008

Flip Top Box


Do any of you know that song by Roseanne Cash called Tennessee Flat Top Box??? Now that's totally in my head!!!

Well this isn't a flat top box, it's a flip top box - imagine an old fashioned band aid box and you'll have it just about right. It's SUCH a cute way to house some little note cards, and I just couldn't resist using one of my favorite new sets for this sassy pink and black number.

First, the Inspiration - FlaxyChick's ADORABLENESS here. I have this stamp set and the reason I do is because I saw her freaking adorable monster box.

But a girl's gotta use her new stamps, ya know? So that's what I did!

Now I can't share the template with you because it is a fan club exclusive on SCS, and that would make me a bad bad stamper!! I can have a class where I show you how, so if you're interested, please let me know!

But many of you probably belong to the fan club, so head on over to this link which you will be able to see if you're a member.

But I can tell you what I did with the pattern! I used my jumbo roller with the Polka Dots - I didn't use the ink cartridge - I just rolled it on my black ink pad and then rolled in on my cardstock.

I tied some pink taffeta ribbon around the bottom of the box and added the stamped element from Dreams Du Jour.

This was stamped on Pirouette Pink cardstock in Basic Black Ink. But then I stamped it again on Whisper White, cut it out and adhered it to the pink version. I then cut out and popped up the little flower that overhangs that image. Very cool. I used my blender pen with some Mellow Moss and Regal Rose ink to color the image. I added stickles to the flower.

The lid of the box features a rhinestone brad. Then I took some wire and threaded some cheap and lovely beads from Michael's to form a handle. The inside of the lid has a little flat silver bead and a black bead also - not just for aesthetics, but to give me something to loop the wire under and also to make sure the wire doesn't pull back through the lid.

For the simple and elegant little notes on the inside, I used pink love notes (6 x 3, folded to 3x3) and stamped the butterfly from Dreams Du Jour and the greetings from Sincere Salutations. Then I stamped another butterfly and stuck him on with a glue dot and bent his wings up from the card - I can never get enough of 3D butterflies on cards.

You can fit at least three of these in this box. I just love the hinged lid, but it would be just as cute with a normal lid!

Now I'm off to stamp something I hope to post later!

But one thing before I go.

Do you have the new catalog? If you do not have a demonstrator, and you'd like to drool over the catalog with the rest of us, you'll pay only shipping - you can pay pal me. Click here to email me and I'll rush one out!

Stay tuned for a special offer I'll be making very soon!

1 comment:

  1. oh my! you've been so busy and so inspired! michelle giraud is amazing--been followin' her work for over a year.

    but that butterfly card is so simply elegant that it makes me wish i'd ordered that set after all. such deliberating i did this afternoon! keep at it, girlfriend...you're on a roll!

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...