Monday, May 2, 2011

Exhaling...

I feel like I've held my breath since September 11.


And while I didn't completely exhale when I heard the news, I did breathe. There aren't many days when I don't hear Mark Bingham's mom's voice in my head, and I never walk down a jetway without thinking about Barbara Olson and Todd Beamer. And I've waited, and waited, and waited with all of you for some human justice. Just something to show for all that breath holding.

It's not enough, but it's something. And those Seals have my complete gratitude and awe. God bless those people that care enough about us to do unimaginably brave and daring things.

So how about a ship for those brave Navy souls?
Stamps: Sail Away Ink: Basic Black 
Paper: Whisper White, Real Red, Welcome Neighbor DSP Accessories: White Felt


God bless America.


6 comments:

  1. VERY well said, Lydia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very classy card, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! And I've thought about making "sails" for my boat. How clever to use felt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. In total agreement with you, Lydia. Good expression of feelings, as usual. On a personal note, my Reba likes her new home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well put and a really lovely (and creative) card. *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lydia, I've been moseying around your blog today and have had some good belly laughs. You have an awesome sense of humor!! When I came across this entry, I just had to comment. Hear, Hear!! God bless those brave Navy Seals Thank you for posting this tribute.

    PS I love your beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...