Friday, May 27, 2011

Friends with Pears Friday

 Heh.

I thought of that one at 1 AM, when my BAD CAT started crying for his mom. The crying ended at about 3:30. Is there a cure for a kitten that searches all his life (except during the day when I don't need to sleep) for his mom that he was snatched from at three weeks old? He makes the little trilling kitten sound. It's very sad, but also exhausting. Suggestions welcome.

Anyway, it gives me a lot of creative time, so since I had a card partially done for Friends with Flair Friday, I renamed it Friends with Pears Friday since I was using this pear image :)

Yeah, it made more sense at 1, but whatever. :)
I SMOOCHED my image with Gold Glow Smooch Spritz after I was done painting it. I painted it with Golden Fluid Acrylics - I just mixed some random colors until I got what I wanted. The ribbon was a gift from my friend America. The pear image is Unity, and the paper is Crumb Cake, Newsprint and Old Olive. I sponged the edges with Soft Suede.

It really was a very fast card - it just took me two days to make it :).
Happy Friday! I hope you have pears, my friends!! :)

17 comments:

  1. This is BEAUTIMUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it!!! Did you paint the rubber stamp, or the image after it was stamped?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sharon! I painted it after I stamped it. I watered the fluid acrylics down and then mixed them and painted the pear - green first, then magenta.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous!

    Carol B
    ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh, the pear looks just perfectly ripe... The image goes beautifully with that newsprint dp, too. *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely GORGEOUS!! Love it! 2 days? Not bad..;) You make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the card. As far as your kitten (breaks my heart) goes...you might want to consider finding a mellow female at your local animal shelter. That might do it. The presence of a female cat in the house might be what the kitten needs to satisfy that need for mom. I say mellow only because he may want to cuddle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning! I LOVE the way you colored the pear!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fan-tab-u-lus card! Just knocks my socks off.

    As for poor kitty, I'm a sap for kitties and let them sleep with me....seems to work as far as crying goes...and to hear them purr just puts be right to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wowie Zowie!! This is pure gorgeousness! Love how you colored that pear!

    ReplyDelete
  11. From time-to-time Webster will walk around the house "crying" like that. He was a very sick little baby kitteh with a lot of surgery and procedures before we got him, and he was still "nursing" from his momma well after she stopped giving milk. When he cries like that, I just call out to him and say "I'm right here!" Pretty soon he comes to find me and that usually stops his crying. Don't know if that would help or not. They sound so sad, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is stunning, I can't stop looking at it. I hope kitty is ok, we did this for an orphaned puppy with great success. Wrap a hot water bottle and an old fashioned wind up clock in a blanket and put it in kitty's basket. The muffled tic toc sound is supposed to replicate the mothers heart beat. This worked a treat for the pup until I accidently set the alarm!!!! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...