Sunday, May 22, 2011

People, Places and Things are all Great. Study Them.

It's the end of a long, fun-filled crafty weekend. Saturday I had my monthly stamp class, and then headed to lunch and the Renegade Craft Fair with Dana, Libby, Lisa, Kim and Christy. I LOVE this craft fair - it's my favorite because it's so unique. Even the dogs are unique.

Yes, his tongue hangs out all the time. And according to his owner, he's a biter. He's clearly not a dog, but an Ewok.

One of the very first booths we went to had us laughing so hard that my sides still hurt. It was a husband and wife team called the Mincing Mockingbird and the Frantic Meerkat. The husband, Matt Adrian, does these incredible bird paintings and then his wife puts these hilarious captions on them. Like this...


Aahahaha - that cracks me up.

Then we saw this bacon and egg scarf by Twinkie Chan.
Right near the front, I spotted these gorgeous painted belts by Love Jules Leather.

There were some super fun pre-zombied windows you could buy from FreshstART windows..


And of course, there was moustache soap from my sweet friend at Nepenthe's Bathtime.
Some of my other favorites were:

And then, there are my friends at Public School. I love everything these guys do. When there were barely even Ipads at the last Renegade, they had the credit card payment thing set up on an Ipad in their booth. Their work is graphic, and sweet and innocent and fun. I love their posters. They have a practical optimism about them.

I saw this last one at the end of the day, and it kind of summed up the whole afternoon...

So true. A day filled with great people, places and things ended perfectly.

I was too tired to stamp more VSN challenges when I got home, so I did this one this morning with some goodies from the show. Just little stickers that I added bling to for the CAS-ual Friday's bling challenge and the VSN bling challenge. I framed my little Eiffel Tower sticker with rhinestones and let the stickers and the ribbon do the rest.
Speaking of rest... :) Have a good night.



 

12 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a wonderful time! Its always fun to see pics from shopping adventures :) Your card is delightful and I'm glad you played with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun CAS card! It also goes perfectly with our CAS challenge at The Kraft Journal this week... I hope you consider entering this beautifully composed card there too! http://thekraftjournal.blogspot.com/2011/05/make-it-monday-with-kraft-outlet-clean.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. a simple yet neat card :) i have such a hard time with these types of cards, thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome craft fair! Love that Ewok doggie. Sooo cute!! :) And what fun crafty stuff to see at the fair. More-so because you spent the day with a great group of friends.

    Absolutely love your card. CAS at its tres chic best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love our cardart, and blog! thanks, Lydia!

    word verification: honsh. verb. "Don't honsh over your work table or you'll hurt your back."

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the bling on your card!

    Moustache soap? Whoop-ass bird? BACON AND EGG SCARF???? I so wish I could have been there. Thanks for sharing such total awesomeness.

    I tagged you with a Versatile Blogger award, if you are into them :)

    http://onecraftymama-onecraftymama.blogspot.com/2011/05/versatile-blogger-award-holy-ahem.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh your post is full of crafty goodness, especially your blingy card! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahahaha! i love your work. :)
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice! Love how you framed the Eiffel Tower with the bling. Sounds like you had a great time at the craft fair. Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! Looking forward to seeing more of your gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad that you joined us at The Kraft Journal... I adore your CAS design!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What great photos! Like the simplicity of your card. Thank you for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great CAS card design! Love that Eiffel Tower image and the strip of air mail paper works perfectly with it.
    Thanks for joining us this week at The Kraft Journal.

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...