Monday, August 17, 2009

Make Me Laugh about Lizards Monday!

My GOSH - is it really Make me Laugh Monday again?? This just happened! But you know what? Last MMMLM REALLY made me laugh! So now I will be awarding goodies!

First of all, I narrowed it from 35 to 8. And then I was stuck. From those 8 I could go nowhere. So I separated the group into video and text, and then picked one from each group, but you guys made this HARD!!

So the winners from last week are Stephanie, with her hilarious kitten video - PS, that kitten has HUGE feet - I think he's a bobcat - and Wandabing - with the haircut story!! I bet it got quiet in there after you said THAT!!

HILARIOUS.

You ladies can email me with your addresses and tell me whether you want a punch template or a Ribbon sampler - if you already have those, we'll do something else!

For today, leave me a comment on this post with a PG13 funny in any format and win something fun! Lucky for you guys I need to make some room in the studio, so I've got lots of goods!!

Now Saturday was my open house, as you know, so here is our other quickie project. It's my new IAMSOINLOVEWITHYOU Two Tags Big Shot die. We ran kraft cardstock AND the new Christmas Cocoa DSP from the Holiday Mini that starts in JUST 13 DAYS through at the same time and just stuck em together. Look at the cool tabbed closure. Then the new IAMSOINLOVEWITHYOU ornament punch from the mini punched out our IAMSOINLOVEWITHYOU ornament, stamped in Real Red, from Delightful Decorations.

Seriously. IAMSOINLOVEWITHTHEHOLIDAYMINI!

Next, I was an accidental tourist in my own studio this weekend, trying to do a little rearranging to accomodate my new goodies in a room that's way too small. But I discovered something amazing while rending my garments and gnashing my teeth over my lack of space.

The Sizzlits and the Movers and Shapers dies - ALL OF THEM - fit perfectly into the little drawers in my marker organizer thingy!!

Don't you just love a good *click*?

Don't forget - 13 days to the minicat also means there's only 13 days left to sign up for the Understand Blue team with Stampin' Up! for $85!! You'd be crazy not to.

  • Instant 20% off all your stuff!
  • You can be a hobby demo - you don't have to ever sell anything to anyone else besides yourself, have workshops or get bookings.
  • You have until the end of December to make your first quarterly minimum!
  • If you want to be a hobby demo, I will buy the business supplies in your kit from you, dropping that $85 even further!
  • If you want to pay an extra bill every month, this is a relaxing and fun way to do it.
  • If you sign up under this promotion, receive your choice of stamp sets from current catalog from me! :)
Visit my Stampin' Up! site by clicking here if you are interested in joining my fun ladies. The password is understandblue (no space).

Now, finally I'm going to make you laugh. This is a true story, alluded to in the comments from the last MMLM, and the "victim" will enjoy anonymity, but I can tell you, I was laughing so hard reading this the day it happened I did not recover for hours!!

The scene - my front porch, home to last month's Hostess Club orders awaiting pickup...

Picking up my order was a great break from the stress of waiting for the UPS man (still not here ARGH!). Anyway, when I got to your house, I was met by a lizard – probably 8” long. I’m from Canada – don’t mind moose, polar bears etc – but lizards freak the crap out of me.

So, the lizard scurries onto your porch and buries himself behind the SU bags. What the?! I’m starting to think that the universe is trying to tell me something about my insane crafting compulsion. Anyway, what’s a girl to do – I threw my new (favorite) flip flop at him. Seriously, I’ve been in Austin too long if a flip flops is a jewel in my shoe collection. Anyway, I digress. Said flip flop did not scare the lizard and I found that now the lizard was between me, the bags and my shoe bringing about a Mexican standoff. Let me tell ya, I was seriously thinking about getting my toddler out of the car to run interference, knowing how noisy she can be.

Anyway, I grabbed the first bag (someone else's) and grabbed the next one praying to god that it was mine. It was. Yipee! I closed my eyes, stretched my arm as long as possible, and grabbed my shoe and got the heck out of there. Not sure of the lizard’s fate.

So, sorry for the long story but I wanted to apologize in case the crazy flip flop throwing lady scared your poor kitties. I also know how techno savvy you are and pray to god that you don’t have any type of surveillance on your porch for fear of seeing my flip flop wielding self on youtube!

Click here for the video!!

JUST KIDDING!!! :D

Loveyameanitbye.

Have you signed up for the UBlue Cyber Club? Attended one of my Webinars?? Come on - get your geek on! :)

Want to see my other blog?

8 comments:

  1. Oh my -- how could anyone ever top that? I'm still chuckling..........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess I shoulda saved that one for a MMLM!! Thanks for protecting the identity of the flip flop throwing stampin addict!

    Anyway, as an update to that story, I'm scared to report that the toddler mentioned in the lizard fiasco has also developed a stamping addiction thanks to an old only orange ink pad I bought from you for a buck. Last night i took my toddler and the dog for a walk to kill the last half hour before bedtime (daddy was away). Toddler seriously lies down on the sidewalk and pretends to fall asleep (still holding dog's leash). Mom asks "Are you OK". Toddler replies "Yes mommy. Just resting - gotta go home and stamp." Sheesh. Guess it starts young! Thankfully you have to be 18 to be a demo! - said victim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lydia,

    Ok, as usual, I can't think of a darn thing to make you laugh today, but I have absolutely got to know where you got that Marker organizer thingy! Got to know, please let me know!! Need one of those really bad in my "I'll bet my craft room is way smaller than your is".

    Hugs,

    Lisa Atha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it that your blue copic cubby is FULL! Mine would be too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never Choke in a Restaurant in the South!

    Two hillbillies walk into a restaurant. While having a bite to eat, they talk about their moonshine operation.

    Suddenly, a woman at a nearby table, who is eating a sandwich, begins to cough. After a minute or so, it becomes apparent that she is in Real distress.

    One of the hillbillies looks at her and says, 'Kin ya swallar?'

    The woman shakes her head no. Then he asks, 'Kin ya breathe?'

    The woman begins to turn blue and shakes her head no.



    The hillbilly walks over to the woman, lifts up her dress, yanks down her drawers and quickly gives her right butt cheek a lick with his tongue.

    The woman is so shocked that she has a violent spasm and the obstruction flies out of her mouth.

    As she begins to breathe again, the Hillbilly walks slowly back to his table.

    is partner says, 'Ya know, I'd heerd of that there 'Hind Lick Maneuver' but I ain't niver seed nobody do it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG that is freakin' hilarious!!!
    the hind lick maneuver!!

    the lizard story too..

    as a fellow Canadian (hi Anonymous) when I lived in Austin - over a decade ago - I had a similar experience with a family of geckos, their tails and my Old Dutch Chips order from back home.

    Thanks for always makin' me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You listed Stephanie as a winner, but no one else....I is confused.... but it's early in the week, so that's easy to do!

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...