Monday, August 21, 2017

Save Your Eyes! #eclipse2017

While I think some of the stories I've heard about grown adults not knowing what an eclipse is, and people asking if they have to bring their cows and goats into their living rooms today is more disturbing than a burned retina, I still don't want any of you guys to get a burned retina, so please don't stare at the sun. Thank you!

I spent a little more time stamp etching after last week's card, because I just love it so much.

I had stamped out all the images from Cheery Chirps because I was intending to make a clean and simple black and white card set with it, but once I picked up my pen, I couldn't stop. I also had the beautiful mulberry paper still on my desk from this month's Hero Arts kit, and the circles inspired me, so I die cut out my little bird with the Layering Circle and I love how perfectly he's framed.

When I first saw this image - I love what I describe as a sort of Scandinavian style to the set - I thought that was a tear on the sweet little bird until I looked closer. I think it gives it so much character and I chose the sentiment accordingly.
Cheery Chirps Stamp Etching Technique By Understand Blue


Now just to show you what this image looks like with no etching...
Cheery Chirps by Understand Blue
Pretty cool, eh? Just a black pen and everything changes.

I like to buy the multi-packs of the pens I use, but on this image I used the 01. It's also a very relaxing technique, like zentangling.

Over the weekend, I had my first Christmas Stamp-a-Stack. I love starting those in August, because it helps slow down the season a bit and let me enjoy it.

That class, featuring the Musical Season bundle is available as an online class right now! I think you'll love the projects, whether you just want to make them yourself, or teach a class with them. They range from warm, masculine to colorful and modern. And remember, if you purchase this bundle or the stamp set in my store after September 1, you automatically get the class for free. I know you will enjoy this one. The bundle is gorgeous and it uses lots of fun accessories from the catalog. After September 1, I'll offer the kit options as well.

Now I'm off to start my eclipse day, homemade, recyclable viewers in hand. I used the chipboard that comes in our DSP to build our viewers and it's a nice hot, sunny day here so it should be great even though it's only partial here.

So save your eyes peeps! Get out that paper trimmer and kick it old school.

Loveyameanitsaveyoureyesbye.

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning. Just wow. Are we etching at the Retreat?! Add me to the group you silly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't begin to tell you how much I love this card. I love your etching technique and can't wait to give it a try. This sentiment makes me so happy, and I love the background of circles. I was just about to stare at the sun, so I'm glad you reminded me to not. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. These remind me of the scratch art pictures I did in school. The Tempera paint on the glossy paper. It's fascinating to me. I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful art! We "kicked it old school" at my work parking lot today, too.Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...