Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Friends With Steve Jobs

What if you, as an Iphone user, could say you knew Steve Jobs? You're all - yeah, the Iphone's cool and all, and I know the guy that made it?

Well that's what is cool about working in the crafting industry. I KNOW the people who make these crafty things I use every day. They are my friends. And they make stuff I love. There are no other products in my life that I could imagine having that connection with. It's just an industry filled with awesome people that I happen to have relationships with - like Gina at Gina K Designs. I've known Gina forever through Splitcoast, and she is awesome and HILARIOUS. She also makes really, really nice stamps, ink, paper and everything else. I recently bought all her inks in the mini form, because it's seriously beautiful ink and I have FSS - Full Set Syndrome. I love companies that offer minis, so that people can have the full ink line affordably. Hers all fit in one of the drawers of my ink warchest, which you can see here (with the inserts I use and how I finished it) and here, with room to spare. So feel free to introduce more colors, Gina! :)

So it's a joy to be invited to be a part of the Steve Jobs Gina K. Designs / My Sweet Petunia Blog Hop! This is actually the first time I've gotten to play with one of Gina's kits, and holy cow are they amazing.

You know I'm a kit fiend already - I'd fight a bear for my favorite kits, and I seriously don't know how you could possibly resist her Boho Flowers Kit. If you can, there might actually be a medical condition involved.

The kit comes with a gorgeous, zentangly floral/flourish set WITH dies, and super versatile mix and match sentiments, which are pretty much my favorite. Especially when they come with word dies, like the beautiful "you" die, which is the centerpiece of the sentiments. I created the background with her Rounded Swirl stencil. I laid it on a piece of watercolor paper, and sprinkled infusions over it (colors listed below). Then I lightly misted it with water - too much water will force the color under the stencil - to activate the infusions and lifted the stencil off.

I stamped "you" in GKD Passionate Pink because it totally matched the pink that separated out of the Rusty Car Infusions. Then I cut it with the matching die, and cut the watercolor panel apart to have space to stamp the rest of my sentiment onto the white card base that came with the kit.

I glued the panel to the card base but used mini dimensionals to pop up the sentiment.
Boho Flowers Mini Kit & Giveaway  by UnderstandBlue






I've seen peeks of some of the projects you're about to see, and they looked amazing, so I can't wait to see the full cards. This kit is available in Gina's store and is a serious bargain. These come in a beautiful box with a printed label that matches the kit, and the cardstock and ink are hers, which are some of my faves. The die sets all come on a Stamp-n-Storage magnet card so the storage is already done for you, and it includes adhesive. It's a complete steal. Here's everything in the Boho Flowers kit:

Boho Flowers Stamp Set (6x8)
Coordinating Dies
6 White Envelopes
6 White Card Bases
6 half sheets of cardstock in Lovely Lavender, Jelly Bean Green, and Ocean Mist
4 half sheets of white layering cardstock
4  half sheets of black cardstock
1 Thermoweb Tape Runner

So now to the hop! If you comment on every post in the hop, you will be entered to win one of two prizes: your choice of a mini or original MISTI from My Sweet Petunia, and the Stitched Leaves Mini Kit from Gina K., which you will be able to see on my blog on Thursday. It's a stunner, trust me.

Leave your comments by September 5th at noon central to be eligible to win.

My Sweet Petunia and Gina K Designs Giveaway


you are here >>Lydia Fiedler<< you are here

123 comments:

  1. The vibrant pink is unexpected ... yet perfect

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not buying infusions. I am not buying infusions. How much are they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Creative background and colors. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This stenciled background really makes this card special!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, cool background!! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Love the stenciled background!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty card! Especially love the swirls.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool card! Please don't tell me I need infusions! I love (Steve Jobs, I mean) Gina K too! And this is an awesome kit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that stencil and the Rusty Car Infusions are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty card and awesome background:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty! I appreciate your step by step directions!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your card. It reminds me I need to use my Infusions! Love the color effect.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, this is just so awesome! Every time I visit your blog I spend moolah, LOL! I have never seen the Paper Artsy infusion thingys, must try!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the background you created!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for reminding us how to utilize stencils :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Like the stenceling on the card. love this kit

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great idea to use the swirly stencil for your background. Like this a LOT! Thanks Lydia!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card Lydia! Crafty people are THE BESTEST!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love that background! Beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really enjoy your watercolors and your stories!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous! I love the background!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card! I have never seen infusion and had no idea what you were talking about, but now understand it is a new kind of watercolor. Thanks for sharing and educating.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the card. Nice use of the stencil.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love what you did with the stencil. Cool card

    ReplyDelete
  25. Just love your card! The stencil is amazing when used with the infusion colored stains! Thanks so much for sharing! (Peg)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful - love that pink 'you!'

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful card! love the 'you' and the stencil......

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is absolutely gorgeous, Lydia! Love the colors you've used to create this background. <3

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh my goodness, this is so gorgeous with that stencil and beautiful colors! AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I have that stencil will be trying this card for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love your gorgeous background and card! Thanks for sharing all the storage info as well!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Nice card. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  33. Awesome card! Thanks for sharing your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Cool card. I like the background you created with the infusions.

    ReplyDelete
  35. LOVE your blog...and that background is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love how you used the stencil! The pink "You" is perfect for this card!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Your card is amazing! I love the look!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wow! What a great card ... lots of color and interest packed into one little space!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Cara
    My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hope to meet you one day soon too Lydia! Kim @ Stamp Junkies. Way cool card too!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I know I should have gotten the Slime Infusions, next time!! I know Lydia Fiedler, and that's even better!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I am anxious to try the infusions.

    ReplyDelete
  42. What an interesting background. I'm not familiar with infusions, so I will have to look into those further. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Awesome card! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  44. This is an awesome blog hop with many of my favorite people. Love the stencil you used and the background colors.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Beautiful card! And you are the second one to use infusions in the blog hop. I had never even heard of them before. I'm seriously going to have to go get some now.

    ReplyDelete
  46. I have never seen infusions before, very interesting. I love the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Well done! Always wonderful to see what you're creating, Lydia! The pink is stunning. I'm on the hunt for new inks myself and want to go the mini route. Gina, here I come!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Holy cow your card is gorgeous and just enabled me to purchase some infusions :)

    ReplyDelete
  49. Interesting background. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Wow awesome card. Thanks for the reminder to use stencils.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Great background & interesting use of colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  52. very cool background! pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Love the way you used your stencil

    ReplyDelete
  54. So colorful. Love the magenta "you"! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  55. I don't have any stencils yet and it looks like I need to get this one. Love the background .

    ReplyDelete
  56. Very cool background. I think this would work great as a masculine card if I switched the pink sentiment with another color.

    ReplyDelete
  57. like the way the sentiment immediately catches your eye

    ReplyDelete
  58. Oh no! Another product and technique that I haven't tried! I can't resist (nor do I want to)! Great card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  59. I have a stencil very much like this one--gotta try that background. I usually only use one color but now I can try three. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  60. Very nice use of the stencil and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  61. Love your background and stenciling work!

    ReplyDelete
  62. Love the background of this card! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  63. very cool background great card and it is a great kit

    ReplyDelete
  64. Amazing card! So different and unique!

    ReplyDelete
  65. Thank you for a fabulous design and a great idea for the stencil

    ReplyDelete
  66. Totally awesome card, Lydia! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  67. Beautiful card. Thanks for inspiration.

    Marjeta

    ReplyDelete
  68. The swirl stencil makes a great card front!

    ReplyDelete
  69. Your color combination are very different. Your the stencil for a total background I think would be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  70. Interesting cards! You've used something new I haven't seen to create the awesome backgrounds. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  71. Thanks for the tips on a new way to use my stencils. Lovely card.
    BJohn3237@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  72. Wow! the sentiments ar so vivid and smooth thanks to using the MISTI, and GinaK inks. I never thought to use the infusions with a stencil, so thanks so much for that tip.

    ReplyDelete
  73. Great card. I'm in love with this set also.

    ReplyDelete
  74. I love the Stitched Leaves Mini Kit from Gina K... your card is beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  75. Wow! Awesome technique and beautiful cards

    ReplyDelete
  76. Beautiful background. This is a great set.

    ReplyDelete
  77. Beautiful card, with a very interesting colored background.

    ReplyDelete
  78. Great card, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  79. WOW, how pretty! Such an awesome background Lydia!

    ReplyDelete
  80. TFS on this awesome blog hop. You always inspire. Love your card; gorgeous background effect!!

    ReplyDelete
  81. This one really caught my eye, stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  82. Love that background.
    The colors are so vivid.
    The clear space with the
    sentiment is a great idea.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  83. Gorgeous card! The background is amazing !

    ReplyDelete
  84. Wow, beautiful work there on the background! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  85. I really like your iPhone... I mean card!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  86. You are so funny with. The Steve jobs story!!!

    ReplyDelete
  87. Brilliant use of the stencil and infusions. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  88. interesting background which could take color coordinates any direction. Great use of the stencil

    ReplyDelete
  89. I've never seen that colour stain before. It looks gorgeous. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  90. Love the technique. Something new to me

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...