Sunday, July 4, 2010

Oh Say Can You See?

This is a holiday that means a lot to me, as you know.

I am nothing if not an American.

In discussing some differences between America and Canada, a friend said America was "born in revolution," and that has been ringing in my head since.

We were. Each of us carries that revolution in our hearts, and it is not the source of the God-given freedoms we enjoy, but its memory protects them. It bubbles to the surface when we find oppression or are ourselves oppressed. It gives us confidence and conviction. It cannot be replaced with words or geography or politics. It has been relived and honored with the blood of our own patriots for generations.

It gives us our national sass. :)

So I hope you have your national sass proudly displayed one way or another today. I'm taking my national sass to our neighborhood parade where I expect to see the national sass of our area's most patriotic children and their parents and pets. I hope your 4th is safe and happy.

God Bless America.


Have you signed up for the UBlue Cyber Club? Attended one of my Webinars?? Come on - get your geek on! :) Want to see my other blog?

8 comments:

  1. Great card. I love the way you phrase it! May God continue to bless America even though many try to push Him out. Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lydia, great card as usual....
    I would love for you to post pictures of your neighborhood parade! Sounds like such fun.
    Happy 4th everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card, really brings it home.
    Happy and safe 4th of July to you

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you pulled together the map, stars, and "Happy 4th" sentiment - nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well said! Happy Independence day!!
    blessings,
    tonyad

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well said, Lydia! As a former ex-pat, we have learned not to take our pride-in-country for granted! TFS

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...