Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Color Revolution

While I freely admit that most of my organizational tools, like my desk, my inkpad holders, my bookshelves, my paper crates - are really just fancy cat lounging devices - every now and then I am allowed to use them for their original purpose.

So this long holiday weekend I took the time to reorganize all my Stampin' Up! ink so that the current colors were closest to me on my desk.

I love the way they all look in order in their little color families. If there's one thing I really love about my way too small, not properly organized studio - it's all the color. It just makes me happy to look around and see a billion different colors of paper and marker and ribbon and ink. With an animal sleeping on them :).

My fave challenges are color challenges because they allow you the most freedom a challenge can give. So today's card is for the Color Throwdown - which has a mind boggling array of prizes today for some lucky stamper. Here are the colors for today's challenge.I tried to focus on winning with my little piggy, who has FAITH!! :)
I bought this luxurious wool felt at The Stitch Lab not too long ago, and it was PERFECTION with my My Favorite Things grass die. It's a fuzzy card. :) Love.

My sister in law gave me a set of fun blingy buttons a few months ago and this green one was perfect for my hopeful pig. The clouds are an MFT die, and the pig is Starving Artistamps.

Here's the link to the challenge - why don't you play along?

I hope your long weekend and short work week means you're having fun this week!

Have you signed up for the UBlue Cyber Club? Attended one of my Webinars?? Come on - get your geek on! :) Want to see my other blog?

16 comments:

  1. Oooh, I love this. I, too, have the MFT clouds and grass dies, but they have yet to be unpackaged. So sad.

    I might have to PLAY with these colors. Yeppers!

    PS: I cannot believe you didn't use new SU stuff yet. Mine arrives TODAY! YEE-HA! Ahem.

    WV: meringle
    When your meringue mingles with the layer under it you get a meringle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh, what a cute little piggie! And that felt grass is fabulous! Thanks Lydia, for helping get the word out about the Celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, gonna have to check out that felt source....although that would mean another whole realm of embellishments/creating/crafting/spending money that I probably shouldn't indulge in!! BUT IT'S SO CUTE!! Love this little piggy and all the textures you've got going! Thanks for playing with us, too, on this special day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just too cute. Makes me want to go and "scrop" a little.

    {hugs}
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is too cute, Lydia!! I love that piggie...and your grass is awesome!! Love the clouds too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ACK!!! So stinkin cute! Oink oink!!

    THanks for playing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable! I love the woolie grass you created to go along with this cute little piggy! Thanks for playing along with the CTD and good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very cute card with a very cute pig....love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cutie Lydia! Sweet little {lucky} piggie and your clouds and wooly grass are such a perfect compliment! Love your Baja Blue background.
    I will be playing later today...

    ReplyDelete
  10. adorable...Thanks for playing along with this 100th Color Throwdown challenge!! Make sure to leave some love along the way and increase you changes to win!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is so cute, I luv the blingy brad...have a wonderful day!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is super cute!! I love the grass die! Been wanting one and now here it is :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just so cute! Love your fun felt grass!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh how sweet! Just lovely! Thanks so much for celebrating with us!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lydia, this is just stinking too cute!! Love the felt grass... the grass and cloud dies are my must have list now, lol.
    I'm glad you had a chance to play along the CTD 100th challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...