Monday, July 19, 2010

Comb-overs for Cool People


We're still being Dirty Girls over on Splitcoast, and the challenge cards are AMAZING!!
I got to make a sample for Julie's Dirty Challenge, so I put one of the techniques I learned in Claudine Hellmuth's online class to work!

Her class - At Home with Claudine - is so much fun. We are doing new techniques each week, hanging out with her animals, getting to see her studio, playing with new products. Very nicely done.

Last week we did this combed background technique, where we mixed her Extra Time slow drying medium with acrylic paint, painted it on glossy paper, and then used a comb to make patterns in the paint. I'm thinking that this "comb-over" technique might be something Donald Trump should look into rather than trying to use what's left of his actual hair. You decide - does my card look better than his head?

The stamp is from Technique Tuesday - it's a cool set with a bunch of different petals and centers.

For general info about Dare to Get Dirty 2010, click here. To see the details of Julie's challenge, click here if you're a Fan Club Member. To join the Fan Club so you can play, click here!

Just two more sleeps till I see some of you at convention!!!

Have you signed up for the UBlue Cyber Club? Attended one of my Webinars?? Come on - get your geek on! :) Want to see my other blog?

3 comments:

  1. this is so retro and neat-o!

    have a great time at convention...can't wait to read your updates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. definitely better than his head... don't have too much fun in SLC. I'll be waiting for you in Chi-town! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I love this card!!! Do I sound like a complete broken record yet? I haven't even been able to play with that technique yet! WAAHHH. But, tomorrow before I leave for the airport I will....
    And I get to see you on Wed!! SQUEEEEE!!!!

    XOXO
    Dana

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...