Friday, April 8, 2011

Quilt Me!

Yesterday I did make & takes at Scrapology for quilters on the Bluebbonet Quilt Shop Hop in Lakeway.

I don't know if it's just that I think of quilts as a more historical craft with longer roots or what, but as I was sitting there with the quilters yesterday I realized something shocking.

I didn't have a cellphone in college.

It's true. I'm that old.

I really can't imagine not having one, or even describing this to a college student now and being believed, but not only did I not have one then, I didn't have one for much longer than that. I thought back to my first ginormous cell phone and I thought it would be fun to share with you my personal cellular evolution. This is a picture of every cell phone I've ever owned, at pretty much their relative sizes. I think someone could make a quilt out of this!

Whoa. That first one gives me a brain tumor just looking at it.

Well at least you could make a call on the old ones. The new ones - not so much! :)

I decided to do a quilty make & take for my quilters, so I took a fabulous design from Scrappykat on Splitcoast and came up with this clean & simple number using Clearly for You. It was really fun & quick!
Are you Ting G I F? :)

I hope you have a fun & crafty weekend! I might live craft some Easter fun on my Ustream channel - watch the Understand Blue Facebook or blue tweets for times!

PS - don't forget to click my "Crazy Bargains" tab to help me de-stash my stamp room at amazing prices!

5 comments:

  1. That's it! I am totally stealing this idea for my May workshops! I LOVE this card!

    Oh, and my first cell phone weighed a squillion pounds and did not fit in my purse. We didn't even have computers when I was in college. Okay, a mainframe with punched cards and a teletype. Fer serious.

    WV: dinkybo
    My hair is so short now it wouldn't even hold a dinkybo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeee hee hee, I love your blog. When I'm ignoring the posts on my google reader, I always still read yours. :)

    The other day the youth girls at my church were looking at a list for girls camp of approved/non-approved items. They are asked not to bring cell phones, etc. I felt so old when 2 of them turned to me and said, "but WHAT is a 'walk-man??'" Haha ... nevermind, just don't bring one ... or your ipod.

    p.s. I love the card, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute Quilt card.. Love the birds.. I have a cell phone list like that too but I can say my first was older then yours before they had the flip phones..Ha Ha I must be old as dirt! It's always amazing me the kids in grad school with cell phones today.

    Thanks for following The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I laughed at the pictures of your progressive cell phones. I have one in my glove compartment that is the size of an old rotary phone hand held receiver piece. When I have time I will photo it and post the picture. Then you can really laugh. I never used the cell phone and cancelled it. I still don't have one. I kept the phone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A CELLphone in college? Let me put it this way...I use to walk to the computer center with my box of cards and the one wish that I wouldn't trip and spill them all out of order! And just for fun, I checked out one of the two CRTs in the library to see the new technology.... We did have a phone in our dorm room but it was reserved for the weekly phone call home to mom & dad. I know people whose kids call them several times a day! Simpler days, huh?

    Love the quilted card...may just have to try it!
    *smile*

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...