Thursday, April 21, 2011

Leeward...

I've taken a million personality tests. They are so fascinating and so fun. I love that shock you get when you see the results. The "oh my - that IS me" moment. Much more revealing than looking in the mirror.

The Myers-Briggs is my favorite and to me, just dead solid perfect. I read a great book about that test that described the different types of personalities it defines, and one of those types is a person most often described as a connector.

A connector is that person in your circle who just seems to know not just everyone, but who knows everyone you really need to know. They are magnetic, and they are universally liked. People describe this person as someone who makes them feel energized and happy. Very frequently, they make people laugh.

Fortunately, I know more than a few connectors. And they've connected me to wonderful people and fun experiences. One of these people has a birthday today.

If I had to describe her in one word, I'd pick smiley. :)

She bounces into an online conversation like Tigger, with joy and warmth and exuberance and you just can't help but love her.

Her name is Lee.

And this is what I think of her.

Stamps: Unity March & April kit of the month Ink: Basic Black, Melon Mambo, Versamark  
Paper: Retired DSP, Melon Mambo Textured Cardstock, Whisper White  
Accessories: Ribbon, Bling, MFT Doily Die, Corner Rounder, SU Label Punch

That's right. Sassy, pink, hipster little Lee is growing up! She's probably at LEAST 21. :)

We are having a little LuvLee blog hop in her honor, so check out some of my homegirls' birthday cards for the sweetest, kindest little connector I know!!

Here are my friends' cards in no particular order:



Alison
Joanne
Paula
Lori
Misti
Crafty Math Chick
Nancy
Carole
Christi

Have fun hopping around, and count your blessings for all the sweet friends that stamping has brought you!

Happy birthday sweet Lee. You are a treasure!

33 comments:

  1. I love this! So very Lee! And were you going for a double meaning with smiley? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh, what a beautiful description of Lee! Love your gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card. It is stunning!!! Maybe I should join that Unity stamp of the month club.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How perfect....Lee is a favorite chick of so many and your card fits her perfectly... Love your description of this dear friend to so many :o) She is just fabulous and I agree...probably only about 21!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous description of Lee!!! Fabulous card, Lydia!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGosh woman!!! How can you make me blush and tear up at the same time?? I'm the one who is incredibly blessed to have so many amazing friends....YOU are seriously one of those special women who draw people to her!! I'm lucky to have met you and so very honored!! And OMG....your pink perfection of a card is just fabulous dahhhhling!!!! A thing of beauty to be sure!!! Oh yeah...I'm 21...I can have a drink today! LOL Thank you bunches for making my day extra special!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lydia, that is such a perfect description of Lee and such a perfect card for her day!! Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely pink card to honor our friend Lydia.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Homegirls', that makes me giggle!! I just love your card and all of the fun elements you added!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE these ladies!!! I want those stamps! Such a cute cute card!!! I'm off to blog hop! Happy Birthday, Lee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lucki-Lee.... A pretty card to smile over.....
    *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card! So fitting for Lee. I love all the pink elements. Geraniums are one of my favorite flowers too.

    By the way, there are a few more ladies participating in the blog hop... and I'm one of them. *smile* Here's the whole list but two of the ladies (Christi & Carole) won't have their posts up until later today.

    These are the names and their links are on my blog... just in case you'd like to add them to the list or just visit. Thanks!

    Alison
    Carole
    Christi
    Crafty Math Chick
    Joanne
    Lori
    Lydia
    Nancy
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mine is up (thanks Nancy!) I love your card, Lydia! Everyone is just nailing these cards for Lee. I guess it's because Lee is just that kind of person. I like how you call her a connector. I think that's extremely fitting. **smiles**

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, wow! What a fabulous card! So beautiful! And what a sweet description of Lee!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just adorable! :) Super cute! I am a new follower...love your work.

    Arlene.
    http://waterdots.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fashionabulous card. Just gotta make up new words for such a cool card!
    the glasses, the doily, the fifties model...very 'chic' or is it 'chick'...lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. OOOPS...forgot to mention.....what a wonderful thing to say about your friend, Lee...a 'connector' and 'smiley'. Lee is lucky to have you as a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. How funny that you just mentioned the test. My husband just took that test (his whole dept. did), and he couldn't believe how much it reminded him of horoscopes. EVERYONE fits into the catagories. I'm glad that you get a kick out of it, though.Love the card.The lady is why I bought that KOM! LOVE HER

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a great card! Love the doily accent and the fun colors!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous card! I love the doily and leopard background!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So glamorous! Love this card :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for sharing great thoughts and a great card! Lee is blesed by all you ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This card rocks Miss Lady!!! tfs!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a thoughtful post and sassy card, TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely card! The colors are beautiful.

    Carol B
    ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  26. great card and great post!!!! hugs, Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a cute card! Love the colors!
    hugs,
    Gini

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely Card~~ Love the doily and the colors!!

    Lee i am sure will Love it also!

    ReplyDelete
  29. what a fab card! and i love your comment disclaimer!! stamp, not spam!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Terrific card!! Love all the fun elements and the bright pink color!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Super fabby card, Lydia! I love the leopard print and those sassy glasses!

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...