Saturday, December 20, 2008

"Hey Honey" - a sweet romantic tutorial by Danielle Steele.





Well maybe it's by me. And only the bees get naked in this story. Actually - are they naked? Is fur considered clothing in the animal kingdom? Perhaps a topic for another day.

I'm so excited that the gag order has been lifted from Stampin' Up! and we are once again allowed to show you sneak peeks at new products!! I've been so sad hiding my pre-ordered goodies from you, and being the only one who knew about these cute bees and the heart punch and the little valentine birds, and the french rooster and the...

Wait.

I better slow down.

One adorable bee at a time.

SERIOUSLY THESE ARE SO CUTE!!!!

This is the project I made with Just Buzzin By from the upcoming catalog. It's a little gift container that I made out of an acrylic greeting card box. My customers will be making this today at my customer appreciation party - I hope they like it! I will also be giving away $200 worth of stamps and accessories, so I think they will be happy!!

Here's how you make one of these when you have full bee access to the new catalog.

Take the box, folded flat, and, using a ruler and your bone folder, score a line three inches from the bottom crease of the box (NOT from the bottom flap.) This will give you two containers from each 6" box that are 3" tall. So economical!! Then just cut along the crease with your rubber scissors.

The outside of the box is simple. Two pieces of Basic Black cardstock - 4.75" x 3.75", corner rounded and attached to the box with sticky strip.

**Tip** after you put the sticky strip on the outside of the box, lay it down on your desk and rub it from the inside of the box to make sure it's perfectly stuck.

Lay one piece of the cardstock on your desk and center the box on it. It will overlap a bit. Flip the box and attach the other piece, being very careful to line it up with the first piece of cardstock, because the box will sit upright on the bottom edges of the cardstock, not on the bottom of the box itself.

Cut a piece of So Saffron DSP with the Top Note die and your Big Shot. Stamp the greeting on it and stick it on one side.

Stamp your hive and three bees in black on white. Color with a blender pen and your So Saffron and Close to Cocoa Ink pads.

Go over the bees and the sign with a Summer Sun Marker. Cut them out carefullly.

Punch two small Ruby Red hearts and one medium black heart WITH THE SASSY NEW HEART TO HEART PUNCH!! This has three different hearts in one punch, each one ridiculously adorable!!

Assemble your hive and hearts on the top note panel.

Using sticky strip, run a piece around the bottom and sides of your box and attach your grosgrain ribbon, having them meet on one side of the box, about an inch from the top.

Cover the seam with your medium black heart.

Fill with my absolutely fave chewy candy - Bit O Honey - and give away!!

Use the rest of your day to kitty watch.

Hope you have a great Saturday!

3 comments:

  1. Love the bee hive but not to sure about the human faces on the bees, being a urban bee keeper I would freak out if all 50,000 of my girls looked like that.. Wasn't there a movie about people with dog faces or was it dogs with human faces? Great post!

    Lisa
    www.flatfishpaperarts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay, the fact that you adore bit o' honey makes it certain: we were separated at birth! thanks for the sneak! was the heart punch hard to use?

    the box is cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute project. I wish I'd been able to make it.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...