Friday, December 4, 2009

I Fancy You

I think it would be cool if people still talked like that.

Fancy is a fun word. And like everyone says about the Eskimos having a squillion words for snow, we should have a squillion words for fancying someone.

You know what I fancy? THE NEW UNMOUNTED STAMPS FROM THE OCCASIONS MINI CATALOG!!

I emailed Stampin' Up! tonight and told them the truth. I own a lot of unmounted stamps. I own clear ones, rubber ones, ones I cut myself, ones that are cut. I even own a few of the ones that have no foam and have the design printed on the back, which I thought was brilliant.

But deep etched red rubber is my soul stamp. It's high quality, lasts forever and the images are perfection. But you can't see through red rubber. So you depend on the outline of the image for alignment. It's no better than a wood block, really.

When I saw what they had done to these new unmounted stamps and how they solved that problem, I squealed. It's brilliantly, perfectly engineered. I could not be happier. I'm not surprised. Everything they do is first class. But these - a complete coup. Plus they come in a case with a printed label with stamp set images already on the cover. I'd love to show you, but we can't link to the catalog yet. I got mine on a pre-order. WHEEEE!

I am wowed. I fancy them. And here's what I did with them. One of the new sets plus the new Sweet Pea designer paper and the mini pizza box die.

So, so dang cute.

I hope you fancy it. There's lots more where this came from!!!

Wait till you see the rest of my goodies!!

What are you doing this weekend? Anything I'd fancy? :)

Have you signed up for the UBlue Cyber Club? Attended one of my Webinars?? Come on - get your geek on! :)

Want to see my other blog?

7 comments:

  1. I am so excited, I not only squeeeeed but did a happy clap when I saw the new stamps. I love using clear stamps but they are just not the same as the rubber. I even put off buying some stamps recently in anticipation. THAT is a big deal, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lydia, the word "fancy" is still used quite often in the UK. My husband is English and we use the word at home all the time ("fancy a cup of tea?"). I agree, it's a great word to use. :)
    Looking forward to seeing the new stampin up stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lydia, I'm with you on SU's clear-mount rubber stamps, I'm thrilled! Fancy that!
    I LOVED your 'I Fancy You' creation, it's simply adorable!
    You mentioned a mini-pizza box die ... where did I miss it, what page is it on in the mini? I'm on finding the die on pg 23, and that's not a pizza box die.
    MaryB in Milpitas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey can we call you FANCY LADY?? :o) Love the idea of the unmounted stamps. Of course you like to tease us don't you? Can't wait to see them. Going to a gift class this morning. Have a great week-end. Hugs n' Stuff, Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe, this is way too cute! Loving it!

    Hugs,

    Lisa Atha

    ReplyDelete
  6. EEEK! I have this and cannot WAIT to try it! So stinkin' cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. well last weekend I came to Kanab Utah to do a boutique with my sister! We did fantastic. Monica made all the hand stamped stuff i was just here to help her sell. We had a 10 x 10 booth and it was so darned cute. We sold about $1200 of our stuff we also had fudge and candied popcorn and aprons and quilts(none of those sold) we had so much darned cute stuff. My sister killed herself and it paid off!!!!!

    I get to work out at the manufacturing plant tuesday and wednesday and that will be tons of fun.

    Good times!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...