Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Festivus 2K9, Baby!

Amazing how a sitcom can be as ingrained in our culture as Seinfeld is. I don't think I've gone a week since that show started without having a Seinfeld moment or hearing the show quoted. Most of us say "No Soup for You!" weekly.

Well, today is officially Festivus. A day, given to us by Seinfeld, upon which we erect an aluminum pole, have the traditional Festivus meal and the airing of grievances, and exhibit feats of strength. Festivus is now a quasi real holiday, with even a Ben & Jerry's flavor in honor of it.

I would like to announce that 2009 is the Understand Blue official first observance of Festivus, and I will celebrate it each year now, as today has been a very memorable Festivus indeed.

I choose Oatmeal and Bacon as my Festivus meal. I'd like to air the following grievance: Time flies when you're having fun. Boo to that. My feat of strength? Ending the Festivus meal to go on with the day.

And instead of a Festivus pole, which would set off all the metal detectors on my blog - a card.Stamps: Dasher Paper: Ruby Red, K&Co. Patterned Paper, Balsa sheets Ink: Basic Black, Old Olive, Ruby Red, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Basic Black satin ribbon, slot punch, Big Shot & sizzlits die, Scallop dies, embossing folder, sponge
(All Supplies Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted)


A paper artist's wish for Peace on Earth this Festivus.

Peace Out.


Have you signed up for the UBlue Cyber Club? Attended one of my Webinars?? Come on - get your geek on! :)

Want to see my other blog?

6 comments:

  1. Happy Festivus (for the rest of us)!

    Love the card! I am in stamping withdrawal right now. Just want to get home so I can make something pretty.

    Have a great day...I'll see you soon!

    (Oh, and my grievance? Those shirts. 'nuff said.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lydia,

    This is absolutely stunning!

    Hugs,

    Lisa Atha

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...