Sunday, September 21, 2008

You know you've been to a Zindorf Workshop when...

When your hands look like this, and you leave my house without your shirt.

I'm not kidding. After the second group left last night, I found two shirts. I don't remember anyone taking their shirt off, but some of these girls were definitely on the verge of topless stamping - I'm not gonna lie. I'm gonna have to ask my neighbors if there were any topless stampers sighted last night. I hope I dont get fined by the HOA.

But really - if you left a denim polo and/or a denim shirt with some kids named embroidered on it, let me know and i will mail them!

I will post the cards tonight after I make some of my own creations too, but let me tell you - Michelle is an amazing teacher. If you take one of her classes you will be amazed that very quickly, you will be able to recreate her beautiful scenes!!! I'm so happy with what I made!! And she is a warm, funny, wonderful lady with a very relaxed and easy to understand teaching style. For those of you who are lucky enough to be in one of the cities she is coming to - a few things. One - this class is a crazy excellent value. We got so many great supplies so that we could all leave the class ready to create. Two - do not be intimidated by her beautiful creations into thinking that you're not advanced enough for a Zindorf class. She starts at the very beginning with the basics, and when you are done, you have created some of the stunning cards she has posted on her blog! The pace of the class is very relaxed and it's totally interactive. If you have the chance to go - go.

I made everyone some little Sizzix owl treat bags, borrowed from the talented Jill Hilliard - how cute is this??? Have I mentioned that I love my Big Shot and my Top Note die??? This owl is filled with peanut butter malted milk balls from Central Market. Mmm.

Jenn Balcer brought the most gorgeous ribbon I've ever seen in my life. I can't remember the name of the place she got it from, but it was serious wow ribbon.


Maddie was jealous about all the attention Jenn's ribbon was getting, so she went to get some of her own ribbon favorites, but when she came back she discovered that everyone had already ripped their shirts off and left!!!

So, scandalized by the topless stampers and totally in a dramatic kitty huff, she stomped back into my room and distressed some cardstock.

Yes, blue cardstock. She needs a spanking!

It was so fun to hang out with everyone this weekend - and really cool to meet some of the SCS girls whose work I've been admiring for years! Stampers are such nice people!!!

The pics are as follows:

Joan - cutting out her stamps under the watchful eye of St. Francis - guardian of kittens everywhere, then the first group is today's group - from left to right - Jennifer, Michelle, me, my momma and Joy. The next group pic is me, Sharon, Jeanne, Michelle, Joan, Jenn . Then Jenn & Joan.

Then from the first class, Vee, then Vee & Sheryl, then Jeanne, Jenn & Joan, then me & Michelle, then Chriss & Yvonne.

Thank you all for coming - you guys are so talented and so much fun. I'm sorry I missed you all getting undressed and running out. I am really wishing I had pictures of that!!

Okay - off to stamp - posting soon!!

6 comments:

  1. tee hee, you should have had " Wing Mitts" on and you would be ink free :o) Sure looked like you had a lot of fun. Hugs n' Stuff, Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I came home with my shirt on *and* a speeding ticket. . .just under a mile away from home! Here's where I got the ribbon:
    http://www.starlitstudio.net/stranodesigns.html

    LOVELY stuff! I'd just checked the mail on my way to pick Jeanne up, so had to share! LOL! Thanks for such a lovely time! It was wonderful meeting you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...it looks like everyone had a blast. I've never done "strip stamping" before, but I can attest to the fact that I ink up a lot of my shirts.

    Guess what I got today? Can you say the Martha Stewart Circle cutter? I will bring it Wednesday so we can play with it.

    Can't wait to see you this week, it looks like there will be lots to catch up on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking about you this weekend Lydia - thinking about how I could have been at this amazing class right in my own town but instead was here cleaning and cooking... and now I peak and see that I could have been in a class with my idol Jenn Balcer!!! OMG! Waaah. I can't believe I missed this. ;-) But... I was hosting a fundraiser for a good cause, so I guess I made the right decision. Maybe. Waaah! ;-) Sounds like the classes were wonderful, and I LOVE your owl treat bags!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like you had a great time, and i can't wait to see what you created! inky hands means you had a very good time!

    love the owl treat bags...peanut butter malted milk balls...interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...