Monday, April 7, 2008

I wish...


I had a moment like this. It's been so hectic!

But I sooooo love this little Stampendous reading mouse! This card was for a limited supply challenge during Virtual Stamp Night on SCS. It's nice to have to keep it simple sometimes. As I said on SCS, I was looking for the perfect greeting for this card. My habit when I'm looking for a greeting or an image (which is easier in my Stampin' Up! catalog than looking through all my sets) I for some reason look through the catalog backwards. I have always done this. Bizarre. Anyway, I found one that was about reading and it HAS to be the only stamp set in the whole catalog that I don't have! But luckily I have the Simple Delights set, which is at the FRONT of the catalog (of course). Only when I was taking the picture did I realize how perfect the greeting was for the concept of a limited supply challenge. I think it's great to make clean, simple cards sometimes to remind us how striking they can be. We all go through those phases where we want to stick every embellishment in the room on a card! So I hope you enjoy the minimalism tonight.

Look closely at the books. If you are new to Copics, learn something the easy way that I learned the hard way. The colorless blender REMOVES color. I thought it just blended colors without changing them, which is not the case. And if you put the colorless blender down on top of color at the edge of your image you will get bleeding of the color past the outline. I did this a bunch before I figured out how to use the blender to create highlights. Think how fun this would be on a balloon! So to make the spines on the books, I just colored the book completely with a solid color, and then went back with the colorless blender just in the center of the spine. It lightened the color and created my hightlight. Fabulous. It's amazing how things work when you use them as they are intended!!!
PS - Hostess Club Members - would it be okay if May's club meeting was on Sunday the 4th? I will be in Dallas that Saturday for work. Please leave a comment on this post with your feelings! It would be at 10 AM like normal.
Have a great Monday - tomorrow is Uchi Tuesday!!!
PPS - Jenn is shocked that I didn't get any comments on my last post with all my cards. You guys are still with me right? :) Don't forget to say hi!

4 comments:

  1. this card is ADORABLE!! LOVE the image, and the sentiment matches it perfectly! i need to put myself to bed so that i can spend a little time reading before i fall asleep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still here....reading everyday! I am just horrible at leaving comments. So I am sorry! All your stuff recently has been great! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to laugh, I was looking through my SU catalog tonight, and I always start at the back and work my way to the front too! I have always done catalogs that way, most magazines too :-D

    Love that mousy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is so cute,I love the little stampendous mouse, and your coloring is great, it's a simple card and yet it packs a lot of punch!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog, and I love your banner, my favorite color is blue... ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...