Friday, December 7, 2018

Thanks for the Sunshine

It's funny that I'm blogging this card today because we are in a miserable wet, grey cold streak here that's so out of character for our December. I drove home last night in the stupid time change dark in the rain and shook my fist at the people who think we should be on anything but Daylight Savings Time. Who is happy that it's frigging pitch black at six at night? I just yawn and want to shelter in place and eat carbs.

Where is our angry mob spirit? Who wants to light a torch and go roust these no good freaks and make some real change? I'm available immediately and I have a VERY scary mad voice and a vast mental library of true crime that will scare the pants off those pantywaists who think they're in charge of sunlight. Let's take back the day, my people.

So all that being said, maybe it's not that weird that I'm blogging this sunny card today. Maybe I just needed a little sun.

This is for today's MIX-Ability challenge at Splitcoast, which I'm hosting. My friend Gail cracked me up a week or two ago when we were talking about smudging cards and making various mistakes. She said that her solution (which I think she learned in a copic class) to little card accidents is to PUT A BIRD ON IT. So that's my challenge today - put a bird on it. I took a Gel Press print with this stencil, and I put a bird on it! The bird and leaf are from this set, and the sentiment is from a set Gina K. designed exclusively for her in person workshops. I used it to encourage you to take classes from great people when you can. There are so many benefits to in person instruction. Anyway - the card - sunny, right? I outlined the bird and leaves with white gel pen, but the rest is just the print. I stamped the bird first, masked it with masking paper, and then stamped the leaves. All images stamped in Nocturne. I used my favorite sequins.



Fruit of the Season StampTV Kit
[ GNK ]
Gel Press 5 x 7 REUSABLE GEL PRINTING...
[ SSS | BLIC ]
Heavy Base Weight Card Stock- White
[ GNK ]
VersaFine Clair Ink Pad - Nocturne
[ CST | ELH | SSS ]
Hammermill Paper, Color Copy Digital,...
[ AMZUS ]
Sakura CLASSIC WHITE Bold Line 10...
[ SSS ]
Like Magic Sequin Mix
[ N&T ]
Avery 6465 Removable Multipurpose...
[ AMZUS ]
Inovart Pro-Roller Brayer
[ BLIC | BLIC ]
MISTI Stamping Tool
[ MSW | SSS | ELH | MFT ]
Absorber - Synthetic Cleaning Cloth
[ AMZUS ]
Purell Advanced Hand Sanitizer...
[ AMZUS ]
MISTI Stamping Tool
[ HA | UNT ]
Rotatrim Professional Series Cutter -...
[ BLIC ]
LightView 2in1 LED Magnifier for...
[ BRG ]
Xyron ADHESIVE ERASER 23675
[ SSS | ART | AMZUS ]
Teflon Bone Folder - Ellen Hutson LLC
[ ELH | SSS ]
Tombow MONO MULTI Liquid Glue Two...
[ SSS | ART | BLIC | ELH ]


Hope it's sunnier where you are.

Loveyameanitbye.

6 comments:

  1. Just be thankful you don't live in a time zone where it is pitch dark at 4PM! NO ONE WANTS THIS S WHY< WHY WHY?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sunny and bright card! Sign me up for your angry mob taking back our daylight and sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's a beautiful card. settle down!!! I'm getting worried!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the image, and your how-I-did-this description, and the sunny color - I too wish we would just stay on Daylight Savings Time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card Lydia. In regards to DST, it began in 1966 for the farmers in this country. It gave them an extra hour of daylight in the am to farm. I only know this because it was a question on Jeopardy the other night. I don't like it getting dark so early either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lydia, the magic sequins are still not available @ N&T.

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...