Friday, December 28, 2018

A Praying Fox

My friend Angela saw something in a stamp that I had to adopt. I love this adorable fox stamp set, and I thought this little guy looked sort of sassy, but Angela thought that he could also look like he had his eyes closed to pray, so she paired him with this same sentiment. That was too perfect not to recreate.

Towards the end of the year I try to include sympathy cards in my classes, so we made this card in my November class. We used the Life Changing Blender Brushes and this stencil, and brushed on Key Lime, Lucky Clover and Wild Dandelion ink for a background panel. I die cut a little circle of Kraft cardstock to sit the fox on, and colored him with Copic Markers after cutting him with the matching dies.

I also don't shy away from bright colors like this on sympathy cards - you want someone who needs a sympathy card to see something that makes their eyes happy, so don't feel like everything has to be muted. My dining room table is covered with beautiful sympathy cards with rich color and I'm happy every time I see them. Thank you to all of you who have sent me cards - it means a lot to me.

Like A Crafty Fox - Picket Fence Studios
[ PFS ]
Like A Crafty Fox Coordinating Die...
[ PFS ]
Picket Fence Studios WAYS TO SAY GET...
[ SSS ]
Big Fronds Stencil
[ CLD ]
Life Changing Blender Brush 2-Pack -...
[ PFS ]
GKD Color Companions Ink Pad- Lucky...
[ GNK | SSS ]
GKD Color Companions Ink Pad- Key...
[ GNK | SSS ]
GKD Color Companions Ink Pad- Wild...
[ GNK | SSS ]
Copic 12 Bold BASIC SKETCH MARKER SET...
[ SSS ]
MISTI Stamping Tool
[ MSW | SSS | ELH | MFT | HA | UNT ]
Heavy Base Weight Card Stock- White -...
[ GNK ]
Heavy Base Weight Card Stock- Kraft -...
[ GNK ]
Heavy Base Weight Card Stock- White
[ GNK ]
Absorber - Synthetic Cleaning Cloth
[ AMZUS ]
Rotatrim Professional Series Cutter -...
[ BLIC ]
LightView 2in1 LED Magnifier for...
[ BRG ]
Mudder 10 Pack White Buffer Sanding...
[ AMZUS ]
Xyron ADHESIVE ERASER 23675
[ SSS | ART | AMZUS ]
Teflon Bone Folder - Ellen Hutson LLC
[ ELH | SSS ]
Tombow MONO MULTI Liquid Glue Two...
[ SSS | ART | BLIC | ELH ]
Ink Off Cloth
[ INK ]
Essentials by Ellen Storage...
[ ELH ]
Die Storage - Clear Storage Pockets...
[ CHC ]
XL Stamp Storage Pockets
[ ELH ]


Loveyameanitbye.

5 comments:

  1. The stenciled background is gorgeous. I love pairing different sets together and Pcket Fence Studios sets are especially fun to combine! Wishing my hugs could be real and not virtual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colored background on this card. Sympathy cards should be cheerful and not dark and dreary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree with you about sympathy cards. Joyous colors, together with a respectful sentiment can bring warmth and light in an otherwise bleak time. The colors in your card are definitely joyful and the sentiment is the perfect thing to say to someone who is grieving.

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...