Thursday, October 13, 2011

How to Scare a Civilian

And by civilian, I mean a non-crafter.

I'm sorry - I should have warned you before I informed you that there are, indeed, people in this world who do not craft things.

I hope you're okay and haven't fainted.

Anyway, sometimes I say or type things that I realize are probably truly frightening people who have never stamped into thinking I'm a serial killer.

Examples include:

  • I'm using a bone folder
  • Here are the pieces you will use for eyes
  • Punch the heads first
  • Cut off the legs before you stick it down
  • I'm embossing skeletons
The list goes on and on.

As I said, it's not all glitter and ribbons. Fear us. We are unpredictable and dangerous people. You should give us your credit cards and we will spare you.

I really was embossing a skeleton though. And I thoroughly enjoyed it. I wanted to make a Halloween card to celebrate the day I put my pumpkins out and my wreath of bones on the door. Mwahahahahahahah!!

Sorry - I got caught up in that for a second. Anyway, I wanted to really liven up my skelly this time. I needed him to glow a bit. So here's what I did.

I used Basic Black craft ink and clear embossing powder to emboss the skelly from Piece of Poison on a piece of Basic Grey cardstock. I did the same for the Halloween greeting from Lighthearted, except I did that one on Basic Black cardstock.

Then, I took my Pentel Sunburst Metallic in silver and colored in all the bony bits - how cool is this??

I did the same with the greeting. The pen tip is really fine, so you can see the detail of the small pumpkin and the small print that says Halloween. Amazing, right? I'm super picky about my metallic pens and I've tried them ALL - I don't like the ones that rub off, or metallics that aren't REALLY bright metallics. These rock - the silver and the gold are downright SPOOKILY cool. I think I got them at Office Depot.

Now, Leslie, I apologize - Leslie hates closeups - but I did want to show you that it's really reflective and silvery, like my glimmer paper. 

The background paper is Pick Your Poison, and Silver Glimmer Paper. The ribbon was a gift from my friend Lee.

See? Embossing skeletons isn't as scary as it sounds, eh?

Or is it?

I will leave you to wonder.....

 

5 comments:

  1. This is a SUPER card. I really like the multi-slanted layout so much. How can anyone NOT like Halloween? Great colors, and GLITTER.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHAHA! I don't mind closeups. I just don't need 3 or 4 of them in one post, all of the SAME CARD from different angles!

    And yes, non-stampers think we are scary. I like it that way.

    wv: tinemb

    A very tiny megabit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post cracked me up! I may or may not have just recently used the phrase "cropping your stockings", which DOES sound a bit ridiculous even on a crafting blog. Hee! LOVE your card and the clever metallic pen trick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super cool SCARY card - not only the card but the post - LOL - all those comments we take for granted must really be scary to non-crafters - You hit the nail on the head - or should I say "Hit the nail into the coffin" ?

    You are so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A super cool reminder that clear embossing is da bomb. Love how the skeleton looks after the filling in, and that paper collage behind him looks great... *smile*

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...