Wednesday, October 19, 2011

If It's Not Okay, It's Not The End

It's been kind of a creatureless year here in my drought stricken state. I haven't missed the mosquitos, I'm not gonna lie. But I have missed the butterflies and dragonflies and even the pillbugs. It's amazing how different my walks are without all that.

But I was THRILLED to see that the Monarch migration through Austin began this week. It was a magical Monday when I started to see them on my walk. When they come, they make a statement, and they're usually everywhere. They are so beautiful and, well, regal. Their markings are divinely perfect and they bumble around and land on you and just make everything prettier.

You really appreciate those little critters when you only see them once a year.

I'm also realizing, through a slow and painful reorganization and de-stashing of my stamping stuff, that the same is true for stamps. Now that I have a better system, I give more love to my older and under-used stamps. I have so many beautiful things - I need to use them and appreciate them.

So today I got out something I hardly ever stamp with - a set of Stampin' Up! incentive stamps - these are sets of 28 small stamps that demonstrators can buy to give away as incentives, and they are SUCH cool designs. But they sit in their boxes unused because I keep telling myself I'll give them away.

Well rest no more, little stamps!!

I decided to use one stamp from the Cute & Classic set to honor my fluttery friends for Wendy Weixler's Hope You Can Cling To challenge to use butterflies on a card. She chose butterflies because they are a symbol of hope, and I really can't think of a better image for this challenge.

 I thought I'd pair it with this saying that I just love from Pursuit of Happiness.

Stamps: Cute & Classic, Pursuit of Happiness  Ink: Memento Paper: Whisper White  
Accessories: White Gel Pen, ShinHan Touch Twin Markers: YR24, BR94, Y38, CG 0.5, Blender

See? It will all be okay in the end, little caterpillars - you will be butterflies! Until then, we just have to keep calm and stamp on, right? :)


If you want to play along in Wendy's challenge, use keyword HYCCT1113. Here are 85 beautiful samples (and counting) to inspire you.

Thanks for fluttering by! Loveyameanitbye.




6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! And I love hearing about the monarchs. They are so pretty when the hatch out of their cocoons. I live in West Micigan and I miss them... Now it's cold and rainy! Enjoy them for me! And I am glad you are using some stamps you have been saving forever... I need to use some of my treasures I just keep saving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that saying. The pursuit of happiness set is gorgeous! Beautiful butterflies :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I just love how you colored these bflies Lydia. They look real...like they just migrated to your card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!! It looks like a canvas hanging on a wall. I could look at it for a long time...it's so peaceful and mentally refreshing. OK, I'm still getting over that darn cold, that's the closest I can get to expressing what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you'll share your new system for having those older stamps nearby. A lovely card resulted and I'm inspired to seek my oldies out. *smile*

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...