Wednesday, October 24, 2018

A Wise Woman Once Told Me...

Kim, the owner of MFT is a wise woman. Did you know that she was invited to be a speaker at a local TED Talk event in Florida? If you've spent any time around her, you know why. She comes out with quiet little profound statements a lot, and she said one to me last week that I have been thinking about a lot.

She said "ask for 100% of what you want 100% of the time, with the knowledge that no is always an option."

I think every kid in the world should hear that early and often. Sometimes just asking for things is hard - I don't know if that's a cultural thing that is somehow trained into us or what, but I think everyone fears "no" so desperately that they end up never asking for what they want. Which probably means most people don't get what they want and might be mad at someone else, when the simplest answer is just to ask in the first place.

Anyway, I thought that was both simple and wise, and so perfectly Kim that I had to share it with you. Along with these ridiculously cute birds.

I set these cute birds up on my MISTI - the outline portion - and stamped them in Nocturne. Then I took the inside of the red birds and all the background pieces and set them up my MISTI and stamped them in Red Hot. Last, I stamped the insides of the blue birds in Blue Raspberry. These cuties do have matching dies.

I cut the whole background apart and stamped the sentiment from this set in Nocturne. Maybe it's just me, but they look like they're up to something!

Die-namics Mod Birds
[ MFT ]
Mod Birds
[ MFT ]
Sassy Pants Best Friends (7447)
[ MFT ]
Gina K. Designs Red Hot Ink
[ GNK ]
GKD Color Companions Ink Pad- Blue...
[ GNK ]
Heavy Base Weight Card Stock- White
[ GNK ]
Tsukineko VersaFine Clair NOCTURNE...
[ SSS | ELH | CST ]
MISTI Stamping Tool
[ MSW | HA | SSS | ELH | MFT ]
Absorber - Synthetic Cleaning Cloth
[ AMZUS ]
Rotatrim Professional Series Cutter -...
[ BLIC ]
Mudder 10 Pack White Buffer Sanding...
[ AMZUS ]
Xyron ADHESIVE ERASER 23675
[ SSS | ART | AMZUS ]
Essentials by Ellen Storage...
[ ELH ]
Teflon Bone Folder - Ellen Hutson LLC
[ ELH | SSS ]
Tombow MONO MULTI Liquid Glue Two...
[ SSS | ART | BLIC | ELH ]
Ink Off Cloth
[ INK ]

Are you up to something this week? We're all just down here boiling water. The kitties are happy I'm home from my last trip of the year. I'm looking forward to the time to get organized a little before that rush of the end of the year happens.

Loveyameanitbye.

6 comments:

  1. I love everything - EVERYTHING - about this super-fun card. Love the birds, love the colors, love the layout and LOVE the sentiment. I also love that your hands made it. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these little birds Lydia! I've been debating about getting them for a few weeks now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think (women especially) are raised to be people pleasers. Asking for what we want and stating we want something are trained out of us at a very young age. I love this card! I am going to MFT right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun and colorful card but to me the real star is that fun sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel compelled to steal this card. Everything about this card makes my little heart smile. If indeed I steal your layout and everything about it, I will give you credit. And all my love ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I met a gal at a crafty weekend that said essentially the same thing. "You have not, because you ask not". I thought Harriet was a genius, just like your friend Kim. I needed to be reminded of that, so thank you. And love those birdies.

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...