Monday, October 29, 2018

A Sugar Skull and a Few Thoughts on Irish Skin

My friend Sue and I were talking last time I saw her about what it's like to have sensitive Irish skin, which we both do.

Basically what it means it that you have extra nerves in your skin that other people don't have. If a tiny little mote of dust lands on your arm, you feel it like a cattle prod and have to scratch it or rub it off. So where some people have trouble falling asleep, Irish people spend the first hour after they go to bed making their hair stop touching their neck, or getting an uncomfortable sheet fold off their knee.

It's really a fright. Any tag in clothing is like the fire of a billion suns boring into your neck and you LITERALLY can think of nothing else but removing it, or a teeny loose thread that keeps touching your shoulder.

I don't know why this would really be an evolutionary asset, unless we are just supposed to be tiger fodder while people with less sensitive skin carry on the human race, but it is a bit of a curse. Hang on - my eyebrow itches!

I thought about this last night while a fold in my pajamas was torturing the back of my knee.

Anyway - HALLOWEEN IS COMING!! I'm breaking into winter holiday crafting with a glorious sugar skull mask! I love this one because it covers the whole card front, but she also has this smaller one and this smaller one too.  This one is actually a mask, not a stencil, because just the skull part masks the white off - there's no frame around it. I thought it might be fun to do a galaxy background with this one, so I used my Life Changing Blender Brushes and these Gina K Inks: Wild Lilac, Blue Raspberry, Wild Dandelion, Innocent Pink, and then went over it in places with Amalgam.

Then I splattered Pen White Ink all over the whole thing after removing the stencil. I thought about a word die, but it is so cool unobscured I just left it. So fun.
Sugar Skull - A Colorful Life Designs
[ CLD ]
Sugar Skull Pie Eye - A Colorful Life...
[ CLD ]
Sugar Skull Sun Eye - A Colorful Life...
[ CLD ]
Amazon.com: Dr. Ph. Martin's...
[ AMZUS ]
GKD Amalgam Ink Pad- Jet Black
[ GNK ]
GKD Color Companions Ink Pad- Wild...
[ GNK ]
GKD Color Companions Ink Pad-...
[ GNK ]
GKD Color Companions Ink Pad- Wild Lilac
[ GNK ]
GKD Color Companions Ink Pad- Blue...
[ GNK ]
"Life Changing" Blender Brush Set -...
[ PFS ]
Heavy Base Weight Card Stock- White
[ GNK ]
MISTI Stamping Tool
[ MSW | HA | SSS | ELH | MFT ]
Absorber - Synthetic Cleaning Cloth
[ AMZUS ]
Rotatrim Professional Series Cutter -...
[ BLIC ]
Mudder 10 Pack White Buffer Sanding...
[ AMZUS ]
Xyron ADHESIVE ERASER 23675
[ SSS | ART | AMZUS ]
Essentials by Ellen Storage...
[ ELH ]
Teflon Bone Folder - Ellen Hutson LLC
[ ELH | SSS ]
Tombow MONO MULTI Liquid Glue Two...
[ SSS | ART | BLIC | ELH ]
Ink Off Cloth
[ INK ]

I thought about giving out bottled water for Halloween as a joke, but I did the right thing and ordered the good candy from Instacart, so now we wait for what I hope is a large crop of Trick Or Treaters. I look forward to the cuteness from my Ring Doorbell videos every year, even though the kids seem to get sparser with each passing year.

What do you do for Halloween/Dia de los Muertos? Besides eating candy, that is. It's usually too hot here for pumpkins - they typically rot the same day you carve them unless it's a super unusual year, so I either paint them or skip them altogether now. 

Are you dressing up? Dressing up some littles or your pets? Let me know! :) I'll be back Wednesday with my Halloween card featuring a fun new watercolor product, and then Thursday I'll have a BEAUTIFUL new set that is perfect for no line watercolor.

Have a great start to your week!

Loveyameanitbye. 

3 comments:

  1. Love this stencil - my goodness how do you find all these goodies?! I don't get much into Halloween any more but I am enjoying learning more and more about Dia de los Muertos. Keep sharing - you are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is BEYOND AWESOME!!!!!! I know know why I flit and flut about at night, not pain but TOTAL irritating stuff! Yes I’m Irish! Kelli Jo (Kelly Joseph if I had been a boy) 🙄😂

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...