Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Yada Yada Volcano

So this ash cloud.

First of all, great name. I've been muttering "ash cloud" at the people who climb on my back in line at the grocery store and enjoying it immensely. It's a very easily misunderstood phrase, and yet perfectly innocent. Heh heh.
Anyway, today I cracked the heck up when I heard a newscaster refer to the volcano - whose real name is Eyjafjallajokull - as "the Yada Yada volcano."

We were probably separated at birth.

Anyway, I made this card for the color challenge on Splitcoast this week. I like to do the challenges that are truly challenges for me and this one was - Going Grey, Apricot Appeal and Sage Shadow. I almost never use AA and SS.

PLUS - I got a new toy! This gorgeous cathedral Sizzix die. I LOVE IT. And cathedrals are grey, so that was a good jumping off point. My Marrakech paper had the other two challenge colors in it, so bam - we have a challenge card!! I put patterned paper behind the windows for stained glass, and I colored on the die cut itself with colored pencils and my grey marker to give it some dimension. Then teeny little rhinestones on top.

If I had a cathedral, not only would it have teeny rhinestones on top, but I'd call it the Yada Yada Cathedral. :)

Loveyameanitbye.

Have you signed up for the UBlue Cyber Club? Attended one of my Webinars?? Come on - get your geek on! :)

Want to see my other blog?

8 comments:

  1. Lydia, this is beautiful! Love how you used the colors and the castle die cut with your wonderful detailing was worth the expense! Great looking card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the stained glass windows!

    WV: sarigh
    Proper name. A Celtic variant of Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are a riot! You very witty, a little snarky and extremely talented. You rock! Great job on coloring the cathedral I thought it was 3-d or rather 2d or whatever! It popped from the page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Lydia! Love the stained glass effect you gave to this, so, so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Yadda Yadda card Lydia! Great detail and dimension. I just love you so much. You ALWAYS make me laugh and I always learn something when I visit you! Yeah...yadda yadda yadda...
    xoxo
    Lorraine Castellon-Rowe
    WV: formounr - This is a person who is moourning over all those forms that are obsolete since the age of the computer! Yeah, whatever, yadda yadda yadda!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blog, Lydia. You crack me up as well as inspire me. I also have a tortie that was rescued from the middle of the street! Anyway, I'm awarding you the Sunshine Award. Please hop on over and pick it up then spread the love: http://simplycindycrafts.blogspot.com/2010/04/sunshine-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I awarded the Sunshine award to you on my blog. Thank you for brightening my day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Would you share where you found the cathedral Sizzix die - I'm not having any luck locating it. Thx
    Elaine M
    mtn.moven.faith@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...