Saturday, April 3, 2010

Clean and Simple Saturday

A little clean and simple Saturday action today. Which reminds me, I really need to clean the old craft pile.

I recently did a little re-org in here, which involved some new Ikea bookcases that Cheshire Kitten tipped me off to.

I love them, and I got things where they go on them, but I haven't finished organizing the room yet, so I need to get after it.

So that it looks all clean and shiny, like this:
I debossed the lines with a ScorPal and my bone folder and then stuck teeny pearls at each intersection. The two stamps in the center are Butterfly Accents and Simply Thanks. That spotty look on the butterfly was a happy accident that I'm going to recreate.

I inked it up in Tempting Turquoise and then reached for my water mister because I wanted a watercolory look. But apparently at some point, I had put rubbing alcohol in there instead of water. What was cool is how it gave it sort of a polished stone look with less spreading of the ink than water does. So it's my new technique :).

What are you doing this lovely Easter weekend?

Have you signed up for the UBlue Cyber Club? Attended one of my Webinars?? Come on - get your geek on! :)

Want to see my other blog?

11 comments:

  1. Oh, this is just lovely. Must have taken a while to add all the little pearls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous as always, but my burning question remains, how did you cut that oval? coluzzle or big shot? if coluzzle, where do you get replacement blades?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love the pearl details!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a beautiful card. Happy Easter.

    {hugs}
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, this is so pretty! Love it, Lydia! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gor-jus, as always! And isn't this your second encounter with alcohol-instead-of-water? You really need to label those bottles... just sayin'. :-)

    WV: actere noun
    He was a famous actere of the stage.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this card...the pearls set it off. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love love this card!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't ya just love that Scor Pal? Best stinkin tool ever created.

    Hugs,

    Lisa Atha

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the quilted look of your background. I think I'm going to have to get me a ScorPal. I've seen so many crafty things done with it. I love the simplicity of your card. Just gorgeous.

    TFS

    Genny

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...