Saturday, September 9, 2017

Breaking Stamptember News!

I'm sneaking in a late night bulletin! Tonight's Stamptember release at Simon Says Stamp includes an EXCLUSIVE collaboration with my favorite people - Concord & 9th!

You guys know how much I love Greg & Angie, so I'm super excited to be showing you their new "Oh Hello" set with a ton of watercolor style elements and fun sentiments.

I just got done with Online Card Classes Rainbow Maker Class so I'm sort of in rainbow mode, and I thought this set was perfect for making rainbows.

On this first card, I used the largest image in the stamp set to overlap Distress Oxide Inks (listed below the card) in a traditional rainbow. Then I used my mister bottle with water and some Perfect Pearls mixed in to move the Oxides around, blend them and make them atmospheric. I love this look! The stamp images give it a structure, and the misting makes it abstract. The sentiments in this set are mix and match, so I picked a good one for a birthday card since I have someone in mind. Those beautiful sequins are from Neat & Tangled.




Here's so you believe me that this is super shimmery. Oh - and notice my fancy blue MISTI? My Sweet Petunia sells replacement tape rulers for the MISTI now in Turquoise and white so that you can customize yours AND make it match your studio bag! And I got her fancy new bar magnet last week. I LOVE IT. Both of those are in the supply list above.

For the next card, I went with dye ink and a reverse rainbow. Look how pretty it is flipped! I used several different brands of ink to try to get the purest of each color. Love the little triangles in the set.

I set the card panel up in my MISTI horizontally on the long side and centered the circle from the set. Then I just moved it to each side a bit for the next circle so they are all perfectly level. I stamped most of them several times to get a good solid image.

And then, because I couldn't resist.... a little creative masking of Oh, Hello for a custom sentiment. This card pretty much sums up my feelings about this hurricane season.



If you love this set as much as I do - you need to hurry. It's while supplies last, as are all their exclusive collaborations. You can see all of them here.

Now I'm off to bed! Remember Florida and the British Virgin Islands in your prayers tonight - they need it.

Loveyeameanitbye.

7 comments:

  1. The color on the first one took my breathe away. The reverse rainbow was pretty. But you totally had me at oh hell!!!! LoL it's nice to laugh in the face of a storm!!! Beautiful cards all three!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love them all. those colors!!! but the last card! HA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful cards Lydia and such a great set by C&9th. (Love the shimmer on your first card, it does shimmer! LOL)
    Praying for everyone affected right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, hell...I love it!!! And, the circle rainbow effect is luscious. I'll have to try that one, AND I'll have to see if I have any stamps that I can manipulate like your Oh, hello stamp! You're ornery! Thank you for sharing today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both of these cards! Especially the second one! That sums up my life the last few months! I keep telling myself that it can only get better but then the world takes a big old crap on me again! LOL oh well, I am going to keep searching for the silver lining! I just know it is here somewhere! TFS and making me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Oh Hell! My MIL LOVES her coffee and a spilled cup - tragic! Great colors, too. Thanks once again for a great post. I really enjoy your mix of craftiness and general musings. Have a great day~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards !! The second one might be my favorite.

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...