Saturday, January 19, 2008

The big Reveal!




So now I get to catch up on the card-a-day list because I can reveal the projects we did at club today. It was really fun! I started with a gift for each hostess for signing back up for my club, and it was this little mailbox from the dollar spot at Target. I decorated it with Stampin' Up! paper and a little tag that I added a chipboard heart to. You just glue cardstock to the chipboard, trim around it and sand the edges. cute and easy. Inside was a little 3x3 notecard with my new chunky glitter and the stamp set I won at Leadership - (Big on Spring). I put the glitter on after filling the heart with Crystal Effects so it looked very 3D. Then of course, chocolate in the bag. Thanks hostesses!!! This is the January 15th project.

Okay, on to Eastern Elegance (January 16th card). At Leadership, Carrie Cudney demonstrated some beautiful projects with the new Eastern Elegance style watch products that inspired three of the projects we did. The first two have a very japanese style, both with a cherry blossom look. (Love cherries & cherry blossoms!!) The first one is embossed with craft chocolate chip ink on groovy guava CS and clear EP, and then the blossoms are "colored" (or un-colored) with a blender pen and bleach. Then we used a rub on to get greetings on the bottom. These are 3X3 notecards on textured chocolate chip paper with chocolate chip taffeta ribbon. Beautiful and VERRRRY easy to make!!


Next, also a Japanese cherry blossom look - this easy card (January 17th). Stamp the image in Staz-On on watercolor paper. Liberally watercolor with Pretty in Pink and Certainly Celery. Take a flower from the Pretties kit and fold it in half with a glue dot holding it together. Then attach the folded flower to the card with a glue dot. With a third glue dot, add a half pearl in the center. For the leaves stamped on the card, accent them with a white gel pen.

The watercolor paper comes in small sheets that you can just tear in half to get two of the size sheets that I used for this card, which is how I really like to use my watercolor paper. It's pretty economical!




On to this Bali-wood inspired card (Jan 18th) - the colors are pulled from the beautiful saturated colors of the clothing in those gorgeous Bali-wood movies. The flower accents are from the bali breeze DSP, just cut/punched. The glittery scallop is a sheet of tempting turquoise that I patted my versamark pad all over and then covered with iridescent ice EP and embossed. Then you can just punch! Fun and it got lots of oohs and aahs. The beads are actually threaded on a staple. Just pat the "legs" of the staple onto an ink pad and lightly touch them to the paper to know where to poke holes. Then put your beads onto the staple, put it into the card, and bend the legs closed on the reverse side. Really easy and cute. Way better than just stapling your card!!

We finished with a rub-on greeting. I think everyone really enjoyed the rub-ons!

Finally, for today's project, this card, which was inspired by the scrapbook page on page 9 of our Stampin' Up! demonstrator newsletter, Stampin' Success. I liberally borrowed almost all the elements for this springy card. The flower image is from a Sale-a-Bration set called So Many Scallops - it is perfectly framed by the scallop punch! (so are the other images in the set). The blue flower is from the new die-cut textured accents - these are awesome. We blinged it up with a build a brad and some ribbon originals.

We decided that I would publish my ongoing camp in advance and offer a pre-purchase kit option so that people could purchase what we were going to use to make the projects and take them home that day.
So this week be on the lookout for next month's camp items! Yay!
It's beautiful here. Clear and cold.
Gotta share a great experience I had at a hair salon. The salon is called - wait for it - Cobalt Blue - can you believe it? Anyway, I tried it because my sister went there. When you come in for the first time, they give you three coupons. One for 10% off, one for 20% off, and one for a complimentary service. WOW. That's the way to start a customer relationship!
Tonight - a steak at my favorite restaurant - Fleming's. (Speaking of great customer service!) I got a $50 gift card from them for filling out a survey, so I am very happy and looking forward to that! I will need to spend 10 hours at the gym tomorrow! But then a day of stamping! :)
Happy Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. ok, now i have to get some of that chunky glitter! is there any other way for it to stick on besides crystal effects? way cool! like the other projects as well...esp. the bleaching. so easy, yet so stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...