Monday, August 26, 2019

How Kelly Marie Alvarez Changed My Life

When I first started my awesome job at Splitcoast, I had to confront my lifelong phobia about papercrafting projects that required 3D or interactive components.

They literally made my face sweat and my heart race.

Beate and Dina are both so talented at both writing instructions for, and creating projects that require scoring, and folding, and popping up and all that type of shenanigan. I, on the other hand, just become paralyzed with fear. I love a flat piece of paper to the moon and back.

But I had to pull up my britches and learn, because it was my actual job.

You little whippersnappers who started stamping in the age of Lawn Fawn have no idea what your elders went through - how many bone folders were snapped in half in a rage, how much poorly measured and mis-scored cardstock went to a violent end in the trash. You should be more grateful for people like Kelly Marie Alvarez, Lawn Fawn's creator. You can hear the joy and smile in her voice in her videos, and you just get all giddy.

She cured me with her genius interactive dies. Her brain works so that mine doesn't have to, and for that, I am eternally grateful.

I can now sit at the big kids table and make astonishing interactive cards, because Kelly Marie has done all the heavy lifting for me. Plus, she's a peach, so there's that.

I bought the Magic Picture Changer Die and add-on set a while ago, along with this adorable get well set, which I used without the die for this card we made in my monthly stamp class a while back.

But I finally had time to put the interactive card together and holy COW is it fun and easy! I'M OFFICIALLY CONVERTED! IT'S A PAPER MIRACLE! THE SCALES HAVE BEEN LIFTED FROM MY EYES AND I'M NOW ONE OF YOU!

I made this card for a very special person who needs some get well wishes right now. I hope it brings a smile. This was a joyful experience. I have pulled that little tab to right the turtle about 1,000 times. So yes, this card will be used when it arrives. SORRYNOTSORRY.












magic picture changer | Lawn Fawn
[ LWN | SSS ]
magic picture changer add-on | Lawn Fawn
[ LWN | SSS ]
get well before 'n afters | Lawn Fawn
[ LWN | SSS ]
Mermaid tidy towel case and glue...
[ ETS ]
Sakura CLASSIC WHITE Fine Line 05...
[ SSS ]
Art Anthology BIG CRAFT MAT 24x36 311473
[ SSS ]
Heavy Base Weight Card Stock- White
[ GNK ]
PS323 Hero Hues Premium Cardstock...
[ HA ]
Scor-Tape 0.125 Inch Crafting Tape at...
[ SSS ]
MISTI Stamping Tool
[ MSP | HA | SSS | ELH | MFT | UNT ]
Rotatrim Professional Series Cutter -...
[ BLIC ]
Scor-Pal MINI SCOR-BUDDY Scoring...
[ SSS ]
LightView 2in1 LED Magnifier for...
[ BRG ]
Xyron ADHESIVE ERASER 23675
[ SSS | ART | AMZUS ]
Teflon Bone Folder - Ellen Hutson LLC
[ ELH | SSS ]
Crafter's Companion GEMINI...
[ SSS ]
Essentials by Ellen Storage...
[ ELH ]
Die Storage - Clear Storage Pockets...
[ CHC ]
XL Stamp Storage Pockets
[ ELH ]
Lawn Fawn STAMP SHAMMY Cleaner LF1045
[ SSS | CST ]
Airtable: Organize your stamps & dies
[ ART ]


The only other thing you need to make this card is 1/8" Scor-Tape, so don't forget that!

Hope your week is right-side up from the start.

Loveyameanitbye.

3 comments:

  1. What a super cute interactive card! We do live in a super fun paper crafting phase! My first 3D project was a magic box. I made several but did not enjoy the process because the lid never quite fit the box. I am scored for life ... er scarred! So fun that there are people creating dies to make 3D more fun for the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely loved this article. I can relate as well! I love both you and Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are too funny - and I can totally relate! I do love that Magic Picture changing die with the Before 'N After stamp sets; they are brilliant.

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...