Friday, August 16, 2019

Neon Cats

The other day, I had a long conversation with Maddie about her choices.

Do you do this? Have earnest chats with your pets? She talks back to me, so I'm sure this is 100% normal.

It's funny how different they are. Maddie is the only furniture scratching cat I've ever owned. Splotchy is a little angel who never scratches anything but their designated scratcher. Splotch loves to eat and is bone skinny, Maddie isn't much of an eater, but is a little chunky. Splotchy is a gymnast, and Maddie is clumsy as heck.

But they're both amazing little therapists. What's great about pets is they teach you the importance of the everyday experience. Cats don't care about politics, or news or bills. They are well equipped to make the most of every moment - soaking up the sun, purring when they get patted - Splotch purrs during play, which I've never seen before, and I've had a lot of cats.

Just seeing them lowers my blood pressure.

Since I have a black cat, some of my favorite stamp images are silhouettes, because to me, they all look like Maddie.

But I thought today I'd stamp them in something other than black, just for fun. I still had my Electro Pop Inks on my desk from Wednesday's post, so I thought some neon kitties might be in order. This artist exactly captured cat body language in these stamp images.  I stamped them in Hello Yellow, Poppin' Pink and Orange Glow, and stamped the sentiment in Nocturne, and added a few sequins.

But I couldn't sit down to stamp without watercoloring, so I had to paint this sweet image. You can find details on this card over at the My Sweet Petunia blog today. The sentiment is from this sentiment-only set. I just think this image is so sweet. Hop over here to see what I did.






















Kitty Love Clear Stamp Set - Sweet 'n...
[ SWT ]
Creative Worship: The Shepherd's...
[ SWT ]
Sentimental Wordfetti Clear Stamp Set...
[ SWT ]
Electro Pop Ink Pads- Set of 8 - Gina...
[ GNK ]
Fadeout No Line coloring Detail Ink
[ INK ]
VersaFine Clair Ink Pad, Nocturne -...
[ ELH | SSS ]
Daniel Smith Extra Fine Watercolors
[ BLIC ]
Escoda Versatil Brushes, Travel Round...
[ UTR | BLIC | INK ]
Fabriano Extra White Cold Press...
[ BLIC ]
MISTI Stamping Tool
[ MSP | HA | SSS | ELH | MFT | UNT ]
Lawn Fawn STAMP SHAMMY Cleaner LF1045
[ SSS | ELH | CST | ART ]
Rotatrim Professional Series Cutter -...
[ BLIC ]
Tombow MONO MULTI Liquid Glue Two...
[ SSS | MFT ]
LightView 2in1 LED Magnifier for...
[ BRG ]
Airtable: Organize your stamps & dies
[ ART ]
Mermaid tidy towel case and glue...
[ ETS ]
Sakura CLASSIC WHITE Fine Line 05...
[ SSS ]
Art Anthology BIG CRAFT MAT 24x36 311473
[ SSS ]
Heavy Base Weight Card Stock- White
[ GNK ]
Teflon Bone Folder - Ellen Hutson LLC
[ ELH | SSS ]
Crafter's Companion GEMINI...
[ SSS ]
Essentials by Ellen Storage...
[ ELH ]
Die Storage - Clear Storage Pockets...
[ CHC ]
XL Stamp Storage Pockets
[ ELH ]
Scor-Pal MINI SCOR-BUDDY Scoring...
[ SSS ]



I'm part of a collaboration blog hop today with my sweet friend Korin, the owner of Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps and My Sweet Petunia!


Here are all the designers participating in the hop - stop by and comment at each blog, and you'll be entered to win $50 gift certificates from each company. The winner will be announced on the My Sweet Petunia blog on August 27th. 

Loveyameantibye.

33 comments:

  1. What a sweet post this is. So interesting that Maddie is clumsy! Storm was quite the athlete but very clumsy. I always thought maybe something was wrong with her but if Maddie is clumsy too.... I love how unique and fascinating every cat is. Our Little Bit is a little angel and I sure wish she could tell me if she truly wants to be an only. She has never been an only but she certainly is more relaxed since Storm is gone. Your last card is so moving! Meditating upon the good shephard has gotten me through tough things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the neon cats!! So sweet. I noticed a possible glitch on that stamp set though. One of the sentiments says "cats can pur their way out of anything." Shouldn't that be "purr"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love blog hops because they inspire me to create--thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the Shepherd and sheep. It is so comforting. I found myself just gazing at your images.....So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't had many cats. I think the
    scratching on the furniture keeps me
    from trying now (got new living
    furniture after the dog died).
    The card is fantastic. Love the
    detail in the robe. thanks for
    sharing. txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your twist on things-you encourage me to make original art (not just CASE). You are right, every cat is so different. Although I am a cat person, we are currently caring for our daughter's dog, just as interesting and enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When Lucy talks, I DO answer her! It would be rude not to. Some times she sounds like she's saying hello, I would try and record it, but it's usually around 3:00am, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love blog hops. There’s always such beautiful cards and ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I talk to my parrot all the time and he does talk back to me, too, but he keeps telling me he wants a cookie (walnut)!!! lol Love your sweet neon kitties (& my parrot thinks he's a kitty cat - so I have a green kitty! lol).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Truly inspirational.. Love the color and how the blue fades on his robe. My first experience with Sassy Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun way to use the silhouette stamps - in vibrant colors! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous cards! I love the neon cats! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun blog hop and collaboration between two great companies!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have the most interesting conversations with my cats and dog. Of course I also have conversations with my art projects too. That is normal right? I love how the no line watercoloring looks on your second card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the cat silhouette stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am definitely NOT a cat/pet person (allergies, and I can't do cattitude! LOL!), but the idea of talking to your pets for therapy is great...and hilarious! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card of the shepherd and lambs. I also like the neon silhouette cats. A couple look like our Meatball, kinda pudgy and mostly sedentary. He talks to us too. Usually when he wants to be fed.
    I noticed the pur instead of purr also.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your cat card, I have 3 cats of my own. They are very helpful when ever I want to stamp and play with my dies and cardstock! They are right there in my room, on my work area to help in any way they can. Mostly they get their hair on my stuff or they are laying on what I need to use. So I love the cat card! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the three cats in 3 colors with the stark black sentiment! Brilliant! The second card is perfection and so jaw dropping gorgeous! LOVE your work!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your cards! The cat one really speaks to me... fun colors on the cat silhouettes!
    I have had several cats that have been furniture scratchers... so frustrating. I tried several different things to no avail, until I bought a new couch and chair! I was desperate since my furniture was looking so shabby! I saw a set that I liked that is more of a naugahyde fabric and it did the trick! Coco isn't interested in scratching it! I also bought her two new scratching posts when I got the new furniture and she is liking those! Go figure... finicky felines!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yep, I talk to my cats, too. I wish I could hear them talk to each other...especially about what happens when we are gone. Anyhoo, I love your neon kitties, and the shepherd card is so very touching. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fantastic cards Lydia. Love the colorful kitties! So cheerful and sweet. Amazing coloring on the shepherd and sweet sheep images!

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are so beautiful! Love your neon cats. My cat seems to always know when I'm feeling down. She crawls up on my chest, nuzzles her head under my chin and purrs like a motorboat. And she always positions herself between me and any device or screen. My own little screentime monitoring system! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a sweet post about your kitties! I have two that hang out on the craft room cat tree with me. Jade is a Siamese princess and Nugget is a gorgeous red tabby. He looks like the orange one on your card. Jade is known for stealing things off my desk and depositing them around the house. If there is a spool of ribbon on the kitchen floor or a a package of ephemera in the hall, Jade did it. The second image is just so sweet and beautifully colored.

    ReplyDelete
  25. So fun with the neon cats. I like silhouettes too because we have a black cat. Wonderful watercoloring and sentiment on the Jesus card.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the cats. My list keeps getting longer and longer.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great cards, Lydia! I fell in love with your bright cats the minute I saw them! So much fun! Thanks so much for sharing and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Those neon cats are awesome! And the shepherd is incredible! Thanks for sharing and for inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Such fabulous cards! Beautiful and fun designs, so wonderfully artistic.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lovely cards and fab insight about your feline mates.

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...