Friday, April 19, 2019

A Little Honey Bee Told Me...

I heard, from a very reliable source - a sweet little Honey Bee - that they are celebrating their birthday this week!

I'm bringing kittens and good luck to the party, because I absolutely adore Melissa, the owner, and her ride-or-die, Lisa Cisneros, my fellow Texan and someone I got to meet when Kathy brought her Daily Marker road trip here last year.

They are both stellar human beings - so sweet & kind, and Melissa's designs are always original and adorable.

They've both been really kind to me this year, and so I'm honored to be invited to their birthday party!

And guess what? I brought KITTENS!!

This card is a hybrid. I made the background with her incredibly delicate two piece mandala mask - I love this thing and can't wait to gel print with it! I used a Life Changing Blender Brush and Wild Dandelion Ink to give my kitties a little patterned glow. The sentiment is from this AWESOME kitty themed set, and I used these sequins. The kitties were stamped on watercolor paper in Morning Mist, painted with Daniel Smith, and cut with the matching dies. I also love the sentiment in the set that says "start each day with a little curiosity", and as perfectly as that matched this image, there was no way I could resist "Oh, my whiskers!" I did put little white dots in their eyes - on the stamp, they are solid.
You have to see the rest of these kitties though - so cute! 


And these are the sentiments - just awesome.



You know what's cool about that mandala mask? She also has a stamp set and a die that match. Check this out. Super cool.





And she has tons of new embellishments too - look at these - SQUEE!



Now this isn't part of their birthday release - it was a free with purchase set for St. Patrick's Day - but I was also thrilled to find some four leaf clovers that were big enough to watercolor. I stamped them in Fadeout Ink and colored them with Green Apatite, Serpentine, Undersea Green, Quinacridone Purple and Aussie Red Gold. We were JUST talking about greens this week in my Daniel Smith Split Group on Facebook. If you like watercolor and want to be able to afford Daniel Smith - join this group! We split tubes of watercolor to save money. There's a ton of inspiration in there too.

The sentiment in this set is awesome, and I stamped that in Nocturne on the watercolor paper - it's the only ink I like for cold press watercolor paper. The main panel is matted with this paper.
Now since it's a party, of course there are gifts! Leave me a comment, and Honey Bee will pick a winner and announce it on their blog. What do you win? Behold - the entire Rainbow Wishes suite!







You can see the rest of the birthday goodies right here. Loveyameanitbye.


79 comments:

  1. Your coloring is amazing, as always! Love your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the kitten card! Sweet stamp set for us cat people!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those little clouds are too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! Such a gorgeous release!!! You know you had my attention with the cats!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This release is awesome and your kitten card is so cheerful. Sweet coloring on the clovers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those kitties are purrfectly adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many awesome new products! Thanks a lot for making me even love the kitties!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the background on your card

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it all!!! The 4 leaf clover looks gorgeous. And the cats? AMAZING. I am going to need to get the cats. They look Japanese inspired, which I love. You did a superb job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your kitty card! All the goodies are amazing too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your posts give me all the feels. <3
    And this release! Swooning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable kitty card! I also love that four leaf clover card as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Not only are all those kitties adorable, but even the name of the set 'Oh Whiskers' is adorable, too!! I love it. I think it's my fave of the release. Maybe. Love ALL your fun cards. tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love these kittie stamps more each time I see them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the kittens! I read your blog every day, enjoy your artwork, appreciate your tutorials and love your quirky sense of humor!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh. My. GOODNESS! Those kittens are too cute! They make my teeth hurt with their sweetness. A must have set for any cat lover.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adorable and love that sentiment too fun!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Adorable cards! I love the sentiment on your cat card and that die cut is really special!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my goodness I love those kitties, awesome card! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So sweet! Kitties in a pail. It just doesn’t get cuter! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love love love! This kitties are my favourite set from this release, and that's something, cause this whole release is simply AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  22. The yellow mandala background really makes your kitties pop, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my! For kitten's sake! How adorable is your card! I love the mandala in the background! That mandala is truly spectacular and I think you have just convinced me to go out and buy the die and the stamp! That would look lovely gold embossed! Happy Birthday to Honey Bee!
    I like that you are a TEXAN, I married one, gave birth to some, and am now one by military default plus my heart is there! We plan to retire to the Ft. Worth area someday once my USMC hubby retires! Hugs and thanks for the great kitten display!

    ReplyDelete
  24. These kittens are adorable!! Such a sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  25. All of these are so cute. I love the kittens! What a fun release this is!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Darling kitties. Your coloring is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the new kitten stamps and sentiments. I am a cat lover ever since I got my kitty 16 years ago. My little buddy is a Maine Coon named Tiger and he is my baby and a spoiled brat. Your card is adorable!! I love the little kittens and you did a wonderful job with the design.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I want everything! This kitty is soooo cute! I love the yellow background!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Awww! Super cutie card!!! Love so much your fabulous colouring technique!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the kitties! Such little sweeties!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the bucket of kittens.
    Looked at the embellishments and
    I'm going to have to place an
    order for those. I didn't make
    many shaker cards because I got
    tired of just using sequins.
    those eggs are clever.
    thanks for sharing
    txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  32. So sweet! I love the new releases!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love it all! Your card is adorable! Nothing cuter than a bucket o' kitties!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oooo I love the kitties. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  35. The cats and sayings are purrfect for my daughter who has fostered a litter of three and now I have grandkitties. Sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Just love those cute kittens against the stenciled mandala

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love the cute kittens in the rainboot! So adorable and the yellow Mandela die is a wonderful compliment!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I really love the use of the Mandela die/stencil in your beautiful card today for Honey Bee Stamps fourth birthday 🎂🎂🎂🎂! Cake for everyone!
    Love the yellows!

    ReplyDelete
  39. So, so, so cute and adorable card, and that little clouds are just so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Your card with the kitties is so cute! I love background too! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I'm a cat person, so this stamp set is right up my alley. Love it all

    ReplyDelete
  42. Those kittens are so sweet and I love the background with the mandala set.

    ReplyDelete
  43. DEar Lydia
    The cards are awesome. Love the whole release. Happy 4th Birthday Honey Bee

    ReplyDelete
  44. DEar Lydia.
    Lovely awesome pretty. love and hugs

    ReplyDelete
  45. This kitten set is SO cute and your card is adorable!! So many things I want from this release. Did you see those egg embellishments! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  46. That Mandela is so gorgeous! Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Such sweet kitties! I just love the sentiment set that goes with them! Super cute card Lydia!

    ReplyDelete
  48. OMG your projects are totally fabulous!!!! And this release is absolutely amazing! Thank you for sharing your inspiration with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  49. What adorable kitties and sweet sayings.

    ReplyDelete
  50. I love your card!!! So pretty!!! TFS
    hugs,
    joni

    ReplyDelete
  51. Great cards! Your kitty card is so sweet, and the yellow background with the mandala is really pretty! I love cats and always get excited when I see a new stamp set featuring them.

    ReplyDelete
  52. I just love your cat card. So ooooooh cute. I love the mandala background. I love how you painted the clovers. When u saw your name I was hoping you'd paint something. (I'm a lurker on the FB site)

    ReplyDelete
  53. Simply darling! A great release!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Adorable cards. Congratulations Honey Bee!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Happy Bee'day Honey Bee! I love the colors and embellishments - well all products, really...my wih list continually grows!
    And Lydia - where is that clover stamp from? Terrific card! (cards)

    ReplyDelete
  56. Love these adorable kittens and the background.

    ReplyDelete
  57. They're so cute and adding the little white dots makes their eyes look so much more real roo

    ReplyDelete
  58. So cute! I love the mandala background!

    ReplyDelete
  59. Love the mandala background! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  60. Such a pretty card Lydia. I must have those kitty stamps, too cute. As well as the sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  61. The kitty set is adorable and love how the yellow background makes the kitties pop.

    ReplyDelete
  62. Thanks for sharing your sweet card! I love the new products in this release!

    ReplyDelete
  63. Your kitten stamp set is so cute

    ReplyDelete
  64. The bucket of kitties is so sweet- love it!

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...