Saturday, August 18, 2018

Debossed Monoprinting

I had soooo much fun with this month's Gel Press technique video, I can't even tell you.

Do you get technique ideas when you're falling asleep or doing something NOT creative? That's where I always get my best ideas. Sadly, the ones that come at night, I usually forget, but this time I remembered. 

I wanted to use embossing folders basically to mask out shapes on my Gel Press, and so I wrote that down a few months ago and finally got to try it this week and holy cow is this fun. 

For the first card, I used this fun embossing folder that shows the earth/ continents. This is one of those things I bought when I saw a card on Pinterest #eightmonthsago and completely forgot what I wanted to do with it. So I thought I'd get it out of the packaging and try it with today's technique. 

For the background I used these acrylic inks and a stunning stencil from Gina K

The printing process is odd, like my brain. I basically do a trash print after I ink the plate and apply the stencil. Then I remove the stencil to do the actual print with the embossing folder. 

BUT THEN - you get a pickup print of the negative. You'll see what I mean in the video. It's SOOOOO cool. I used my biggest Gel Press for this - I needed the extra room. Sentiment is from this set.
Debossed Monoprinting by Understand Blue
Altenew Halftone Circles Stamp Set
[ ALTN | SSS ]
map - Concord & 9th
[ C&9 ]
8x10 Gel Press
[ BLIC | SSS ]
Niji Splash Ink - BLICK art materials
[ BLIC ]
4" Rubber Brayer
[ BLIC ]
GKD Art Stencils- Square Mandala
[ GNK ]
Echo Park Paper Company GSE127031...
[ AMZUS ]
Alexandra Renke MONUMENTS Embossing...
[ SSS ]
Summer Glitter Pack - Concord & 9th
[ C&9 ]
Heavy Base Weight Card Stock- White
[ GNK ]
MISTI Stamping Tool
[ MSW | SSS | ELH | MFT ]
Absorber - Synthetic Cleaning Cloth
[ AMZUS ]
Purell Advanced Hand Sanitizer...
[ AMZUS ]
Rotatrim Professional Series Cutter -...
[ BLIC ]
Mudder 10 Pack White Buffer Sanding...
[ AMZUS ]
Xyron ADHESIVE ERASER 23675
[ SSS | ART | AMZUS ]
Essentials by Ellen Storage...
[ ELH ]
Teflon Bone Folder - Ellen Hutson LLC
[ ELH | SSS ]
Tombow MONO MULTI Liquid Glue Two...
[ SSS | ART | BLIC | ELH ]
Ink Off Cloth
[ INK ]

Isn't that fun? And hard to figure out how I did it, right?

Well check out the pickup print!!

Debossed Monoprinting by Understand Blue
The sentiment on this card is Concord & 9th - where I am teaching today with Kathy Racoosin! You might be reading this next week after you've already spent the day with me! :)

The glitter paper is also theirs - it's their no shed Summer glitter paper that I cut with infinity dies, as well as the sentiment.

SO cool and addicting. Just be sure and take my advice in the video on how to transfer your prints when using larger embossing folders.

I found the smaller detailed folders like this cityscape one I used in the video worked best.

So without further ado - here's the video!






Loveyameanitbye.

6 comments:

  1. I love techniques that feel a bit like magic and this one fits that category! Beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super cool technique! Awesome cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Gel Press videos are my favorite, always mesmerizing. These are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely amazing! Such great colors and an amazing technique - but that's what I expect from you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this so much! Now, if I can just remember where to find this post when I need to refer back...

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...