Friday, May 11, 2018

The Best Mix Tape I Have

I'm not an overly sentimental person, even though I am the youngest child.

There are very few objects I'm attached to - I'd rather spend my time with people and art and cats than with things.

But I grew up mostly without a TV, and so I listened to radio, and (yes) 8 tracks and cassettes, and CDs, and an ipod and eventually just my phone, and I've been an audiophile pretty much my whole life.

I'm not sure if it's that I'm the youngest, or that I'm a visual person, or just that I'm a Virgo, but visual content has to fit some stringent criteria to come into my life. I think images are more permanent in my brain, so they have to be pleasant or I dislike them.

Audio lets me use my imagination, and so it's safer, in a way. My dad read to us almost every night when I was little, so maybe that is part of my love of the spoken word too.

I was a musician in a former life, which requires you to shut out everything but sound, so all those things add up to my destiny of preferring audio content to any visual content which isn't actual visual art.

All that to say - movie quotes are lost on me, people. Please do not expect me to understand some cutesy  line - because I promise you I haven't heard it, or if I have, I don't remember it, because I honestly don't care about it.

For all these reasons and more I am beyond thrilled to be a guest with Concord & 9th this week for their May release. I literally lost my danged mind over their Mix Tape bundle. Seriously - I have no mind left.

Well - the reason I might have no mind left is our roof replacement this week. If you work from home, and need a roof replaced, I highly recommend going on vacation during the hammering. That is never going to make it onto a mix tape.

But back to the guest spot with C&9.

Perhaps I'm showing my age, but I don't care. LOOK. This is a layering mix tape stamp set with a ton of fun label sentiments, and the TAPES coming out for the sentiments - AMAZING. I stamped the solid part of the sentiment in Verdant Ink and the outline in Nocturne. The sequins are my favorite Like Magic Sequins.


Hello Mix Tape by Understand Blue






Mix Tape BUNDLE
[ C&9 ]
Tsukineko VersaFine Clair VERDANT Ink...
[ SSS ]
Tsukineko VersaFine Clair NOCTURNE...
[ SSS ]
Basic Black 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock by...
[ SUP ]
Lemon Lime Twist 8-1/2" X 11"...
[ SUP ]
Whisper White Cardstock - Thick
[ SUP ]
MISTI Stamping Tool
[ MSW | HA | SSS | ELH | SBC | MFT ]
Absorber - Synthetic Cleaning Cloth
[ AMZUS ]
Rotatrim Professional Series Cutter -...
[ BLIC ]
Xyron ADHESIVE ERASER 23675
[ SSS | ART | AMZUS ]
Bone Folder by Stampin' Up!
[ SUP ]
Multipurpose Liquid Glue by Stampin' Up!
[ SUP ]
Like Magic Sequin Mix
[ N&T ]
Ranger .5 Oz. MINI MULTI MEDIUM MATTE...
[ SSS | ELH | MFT | SBC ]
Marvy Uchida JEWEL PICKER Tool 91GRC
[ SSS | ELH | MFT | ART ]

I can't do anything without the Holy Trinity though - so I busted out my favorite colors and my masking paper for this one. The inks are Nocturne, Cheerful, Charming Pink and Paradise. Love the label maker sentiments that go with this set. I just masked the  center one and stamped the other two. Simple. 
CMY Mix Tapes by Understand Blue








Mix Tape BUNDLE
[ C&9 ]
Tsukineko VersaFine Clair NOCTURNE...
[ SSS ]
Tsukineko VersaFine Clair CHEERFUL...
[ SSS | ELH ]
Tsukineko VersaFine Clair CHARMING...
[ SSS | ELH | CST ]
Tsukineko VersaFine Clair PARADISE...
[ SSS ]
Whisper White Cardstock - Thick
[ SUP ]
Basic Black 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock by...
[ SUP ]
Lemon Lime Twist 8-1/2" X 11"...
[ SUP ]
Avery Self-Adhesive Removable Laser...
[ AMZUS ]
MISTI Stamping Tool
[ MSW | HA | SSS | ELH | SBC | MFT ]
Absorber - Synthetic Cleaning Cloth
[ AMZUS ]
Rotatrim Professional Series Cutter -...
[ BLIC ]
Xyron ADHESIVE ERASER 23675
[ SSS | ART | AMZUS ]
Bone Folder by Stampin' Up!
[ SUP ]
Multipurpose Liquid Glue by Stampin' Up!
[ SUP ]
Like Magic Sequin Mix
[ N&T ]
Ranger .5 Oz. MINI MULTI MEDIUM MATTE...
[ SSS | ELH | MFT | SBC ]
Marvy Uchida JEWEL PICKER Tool 91GRC
[ SSS | ELH | MFT | ART ]
Paper Snips (103579)
[ SUP ]

Then, I decided to use the new turnabout stencil with my Gel Press, as part of my series on layering/sequential stencils, and holy cow was this fun. I'll have more on this stencil at the end of the month. This card uses some new paints I got in Santa Fe on vacation - the Holbein Mat acrylics - it's so fun to have the difference in texture from matte and gloss acrylics. 


Gel Press Turnabout by UnderstandBlue

I have my monthly Gel Press video up today to show you how to use the new Turnabout Stencil with your Gel Press to make the background for this card - it's so fun and easy. Click here to watch in HD on YouTube or hit play below!








Mix Tape BUNDLE
[ C&9 ]
Gel Press 6 x 6 REUSABLE GEL PRINTING...
[ SSS ]
Gel Press IMPRESSABLES SQUARE IN...
[ SSS ]
Gel Press Impressables - Overlapping...
[ JGG ]
Holbein Mat Acrylics - BLICK art...
[ BLIC ]
Holbein Super Soft Brayer
[ BLIC ]
Tsukineko VersaFine Clair NOCTURNE...
[ SSS ]
Whisper White Cardstock - Thick
[ SUP ]
MISTI Stamping Tool
[ MSW | HA | SSS | ELH | SBC | MFT ]
Absorber - Synthetic Cleaning Cloth
[ AMZUS ]
Rotatrim Professional Series Cutter -...
[ BLIC ]
Xyron ADHESIVE ERASER 23675
[ SSS | ART | AMZUS ]
Bone Folder by Stampin' Up!
[ SUP ]
Multipurpose Liquid Glue by Stampin' Up!
[ SUP ]
Paper Snips (103579)
[ SUP ]
Purell Advanced Hand Sanitizer...
[ AMZUS ]
Viva Vantage SCRUB CLOTH...
[ AMZUS ]


Now here is my video on that last background - using the Turnabout Stencil with my Gel Press!


This is still my favorite mixtape song and will be forever and ever, amen. (Even though the video has a wee bit of a Golden State Killer vibe, the song still holds a special place in my heart <3 - see what I mean about how visuals can ruin audible things? ) 




Loveyameanitbye.

9 comments:

  1. I have the same problem with images. People don't understand why I can look at disturbing things, but they get forever stuck in my brain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This might be one of my favorite videos of yours, ever!! I am so tempted to scribble out my entire to do list and play with my Gel Press all day, instead. Your backgrounds and cards are magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your videos! This looks like a fun technique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW.......super cool technique! And I thought the "regular" turn about stamps I have were a lot of fun. Can't wait to get out my gel plate & play!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these! I've been planning a mixed tape in my head over the past week, so it's fun to see these here. Great colors! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Concord & 9th is always so clever. I think everyone stepped up their game when they got on the playing field. I am a very visual person, you can explain it to me all day, but show it to me once and I'm good. I think it's because I'm left handed and I see and do things backwards. I really enjoy watching you do gel press.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your blog and all if the fabulous videos you do. They spark my brain and break me out of the box I've been creating in. I bought a gel press just last week and have been watching video after video on how to use it. I've got some great stencils but need to get some heavy body acrylics. All I have are bottles of craft acrylics. TFS. Keep creating and writing your own lyrics for each project!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This set is SO cute! I also grew up making my own mix tapes. It was so much fun to make a tape for your best friend or your boyfriend. I made a tap for my husband before we were married... but he lost it! I wish I could remember what songs I had on there.
    And we have had our roof replaced twice now (hair storms)... both times when my daughter was a toddler. So if you think it gets on your nerves NOW, try working from home, having your toddler miss her nap AND having the roof replaced. It was a complete nightmare... both times. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun technique. I haven't yet broke out my gel plate but I bought it because I've loved watching you create with it. These prints are awesome and I love the finished cards you've made with them.

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...