Friday, May 25, 2018

You Are So Extra

I'm already at my retreat today, and one of my fondest memories from my retreats is from last time, when everyone was introduced to all the vocabulary that I use pretty much every day since I first saw the Charlene video.

My favorite phrase is hard to pick, but I think it would have to be this one:
Drunken Acrylic Reveal + Bold & Brushy by Concord & 9th
Bold & Brushy BUNDLE
[ C&9 ]
Golden Fluid Acrylics - BLICK art...
[ BLIC ]
Kelly's Crafts: Glass Stain Droppers,...
[ AMZUS ]
Tsukineko VersaFine Clair NOCTURNE...
[ SSS | ELH ]
Aurora Lights | Confetti Mix - Honey...
[ HNB ]
Like Magic Sequin Mix
[ N&T | ELH | SSS ]
Fabriano Extra White Cold Press...
[ BLIC ]
MISTI Stamping Tool
[ MSW | HA | SSS | ELH | SBC | MFT ]
Absorber - Synthetic Cleaning Cloth
[ AMZUS ]
Whisper White Cardstock - Thick
[ SUP ]
Rotatrim Professional Series Cutter -...
[ BLIC ]
Mudder 10 Pack White Buffer Sanding...
[ AMZUS ]
Xyron ADHESIVE ERASER 23675
[ SSS | ART | AMZUS ]
Bone Folder by Stampin' Up!
[ SUP ]
Multipurpose Liquid Glue by Stampin' Up!
[ SUP ]
Ranger .5 Oz. MINI MULTI MEDIUM MATTE...
[ SSS | MFT | ELH ]
Marvy Uchida Jewel Picker
[ ELH ]

I love the new Bold & Brushy sets from Concord & 9th because I can make all the ridiculous things that I say into card sentiments!

Next up will have to be my trademark "perfection is for serial killers", but since I'm a guest at Concord & 9th today, I thought I'd better behave. :)

The background was actually a failed experiment that turned out to be a beautiful bokeh. It was a drunken acrylic reveal piece where the top layer was white. The white didn't work at all and just sort of created faint clouds. But it was still too pretty to pitch, so I took it out of the UFO pile to try out the brush letters on.

The embellishments are a combo of Like Magic and Aurora Lights (they have a similar quality - they take on the color of your project), and the ink is Versafine Clair which is heavenly on watercolor paper with acrylic paint on it - that's a tough surface to stamp on!

So if you missed the drunken acrylic reveal video, it's below for your enjoyment - maybe you will have better luck than I did with white paint!

Head over to the Concord & 9th blog to see what my fellow guest artists have done today - they are AMAZING. Next week will be my last guest post, sadly, but it's a good one! :)



Loveyameanitbye.

5 comments:

  1. That is beautiful, vibrant, and waaay amazing for a UFO. Is that the end of your sentiment? Is there something else inside?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this sentiment you've created! How appropriate for so many! <3 You always wow me with your gorgeous backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bwaahaha! I LOVE this card! The background is beautiful and the saying is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool technique! TFS
    Loved the Charlene video!!!!!!!!
    Paper Hugs,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed this video even more the second time, I love watching color move (my husband says I'm easily amused, all I need is a box of colored rocks to sort, he's right!)

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...