Friday, May 9, 2014

I Demand Truth In Recipe Labeling

Having recently made some awesome crockpot meals, I've realized that there is something very important missing from recipe labeling.

I call it the Leftover Consumption Odds Index, or L.C.O.I.

So let's say I make some delicious Enchiladas Suiza... Two days later - they are all gone because they are so amazing. Those would earn a L.C.O.I. score of 100 - meaning the odds they will be consumed completely is 100%.

But randomly, some equally delicious concoction will sit, unloved, in the fridge until it's time to throw it away. It's just a weird issue of timing of what everyone wants to eat, or Mercury being in retrograde, or something that is beyond my comprehension.

I just want to understand the science of it all. I'd like to plug my meal plan into something that will say: "WHOA NELLIE - this is great today, but no one is going to eat this on Thursday - this recipe is a L.C.O.I. score of 45."

Please get right on developing that. Thanks.

Today is the Mix-Ability challenge at Splitcoast - and YAY - it's Friday! Janelle is our hostess today and her challenge is super creative - it's called "Take it away" and it's all about removing the top layer to reveal what's underneath.

I chose the Acrylic Distress Tutorial as my inspiration. I embossed a panel of Crumb Cake with the Alphabet Press Embossing Folder, then painted it with turquoise and yellow acrylic paint to get the perfect green to match an image I'd colored at #backyardhappyhour last week. Then I sanded it to reveal the paper.

The ADORABLE little fox is a sneak peek from the new catalog and a set called Life's Adventure and I colored him with Derwent Inktense pencils.


Pin It

Don't forget to sign up for my retreat below - we are running out of seats! :)


Loveyameanitbye.



3 comments:

  1. You made me laugh with "whoa Nellie this is great today but nobody's going to eat it on Thursday!"

    Fun card too! I will have to see if I can find some time to play!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun card. Not at home in my craft room, so can't play till next week! Fun post about the LCOI! I remember you when they come out with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute image. Great job with the take away challenge. When you get that leftovers system worked out. I sure could use it. Of course you would have to factor in 2 teenaged boys who will eat everything in the house one week and the next week be extremely picky.

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...