Saturday, February 4, 2012

A Tisket, A Tasket, a Neater Paper Basket...

I nested a little this week.

My definition of nesting is this: I ignore all the organizational things I should do until about 5 minutes past when my stamp class prep HAS TO BE DONE each month and then suddenly decide to embark on an unthinkably large reorg. It's advanced procrastination, and it never fails me. If you are still a baby procrastinator, this won't make sense to you, but as you complete my advanced courses, it will all become clear. Patience, grasshopper.

So, having done no preparation at all for today's class yesterday, right after work I decide to tackle a few nagging annoyances.

First up - I never know where my keys are. Like NEVER. So after I've procrastinated beyond all conceivable limits and am running out to some event, I spend ten minutes cussing and looking under the cats for my car keys.

Problem finally solved!! I found these RIDICULOUSLY cute little bird key and mail hangers. They have one of those crazy strong magnets under their chins, and you just barely touch your keyring to them and they are stuck like glue! Even my crazy heavy janitor keys. Also, their beaks hold mail and reminder notes!! Love these so much!!! You can find them here.

 
 Next - my neutral cardstock storage.

Up till now, I had kind of a floppy canvas pocket thing strapped to the back of my closet door with - wait for it - zip ties. It barely fit a full pack of paper plus my assorted scraps and was a huge eyesore.

So - VOILA - I replaced it with this fun over-the-door basket system. It easily fits 8.5 x 11 cardstock on its side (not 12 x 12 btw) and 7 unopened packages of cardstock plus scraps (which I need to add today). There are smaller and larger baskets you can pop on, and it takes about 5 minutes to install. Since this is my go to cardstock - with my colored cardstock just used as accents, this is a huge improvement to my space. You can get this system here.

Also, it really helped me procrastinate yesterday, and now I can procrastinate more today by getting it just right!
Now, when I could procrastinate no more, I got to working on my class projects. There was a cute project Shelli showed at Leadership with the labels framelits that I knew I wanted to share.

It's so simple to make! You just cut two of the largest framelits, cut off one end of each, score them at 1", and put them together to make what I call the "treat taco" that holds Hershey Bar wrapped with Everyday Enchantment DSP from the Sale-A-Bration catalog. Mary Fish has an adorable black one here.

Next up, a card inspired by this card on Splitcoast
I flipped it and turned it blue. I used that fabby new Baja Breeze pleated ribbon, the heart framelits and  Take it to Heart. This was also the first time I'd used the Adorning Accents tiny embossing folders
and I LOVE them!!

But, as usual, blogging is my way of procrastinating something else, so I should go now. 

Or maybe a nap. I've got time, right? :)


4 comments:

  1. You are my hero! I don't know how you do it, but you always get things done. Wait, you don't sleep, right? Yeah, that's it ...

    I have an Elfa version of your over-the-door storage - the center bar plus discounted spice racks. They hold my background stamps and my store-flat punches.

    WV: latouffe

    Wait, this is a real word! A touffe is a bunch of something. Drop la touffe of herbs into the stew to make it yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a crafty, well organized person. I really like your back of the door storage...which would work fine until I get cranky and then want to slam a door. I can see paper flying everywhere! lol
    Love the blue Valentine and your cute treat wrap idea.
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have an elfa system on the closet door of my craft room. I use the short baskets and dvd holders to put all my ribbon in. I'd show you a picture, but it is overflowing right now, LOL.

    wv: fingen
    I'm fingen I'm going to need to do some organizing myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Send me an application for the advanced procrastinator's club. I got this locked up! Lol. Cool storage and the card is beyond cute. *smile*

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...