Saturday, August 1, 2015

But What About the Soul?

I'm really super excited about today.

It's the start of a new month.

It's my class day.

I'm having my first stamping bingo night tonight.

It's my birthday month.

Registration for my fall retreat opens today at 5 PM. Sleeping space on site is limited, so early birds get the beds. After beds sell out, you can sign up for the retreat only and I will provide a list of nearby hotels. 

It's hot and sunny and dry.

AND it's the first day of the best week of the year - the week of the Dare to Get Dirty challenges on Splitcoast. I LOVE these challenges - by some of the most talented people in the industry. They always inspire me.

I get to host the first and last challenge each week, and since I'm almost through with Breaking Bad for like the millionth time, I used that as my inspiration for my first challenge.

I love this scene from the show, in all its dark, foreboding goodness. If you haven't seen the show - they're listing all the elements in the human body - starting with water, and they can't quite get to 100%. "There's something missing."



Now I can't tell you what part of this makes up the challenge - that's a secret only our Fan Club members can see - but I can tell you how I made this card.

It started with a week of squealing in Salt Lake, where I got my paws on the holiday catalog and got to play with and bring home many of the products in it. It's spectacular - you will love it.

One of my favorites was the Sleigh Ride edgelits - EEK! They are SO beautiful!! If you want to make some GORGEOUS cards for the holidays with this set, you will love my Sleigh Ride Stamp-a-Stack online class.

If you want to register for this class, do so by August 31st, and your kits will ship the first week in September. Then there will be three additional classes - one per month through November, at which point you will have 40 Christmas or holiday cards, featuring 12 of my exclusive designs not published anywhere else! Check out the Blue2You page for all the details.

For my challenge card, I kept it simple with a fun background technique and a gorgeous die cut from this set. I LOVE Blackberry Bliss and Tempting Turquoise together for a Lydia-style bright sky behind that crispy white.

Pin It

And - I did a quick video so you can recreate that sky.



How fun is that? I love the way these colors react with that technique. And for a very quick card, I think this has a lot of impact.

So I hope you'll join us this week for the challenges. If you have any mojo issues at all, this will fix them.

Those of you who are subscribed to my newsletter - what did you think of my demo of the new Archival Basic Black ink? Pretty cool, eh?


Loveyameanitbye.

10 comments:

  1. Stunning effect! Thank you for the technique video. I found you through Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this technique. I have always said, I am a stamper, but Lydia is an artist who stamps! Thank you for sharing your art with me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card and I love that background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful card. Is there a way to get the instructions without buying the product?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mary - I'm not sure what you mean. I have the full instructions in the video in this post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning Card, thank you for the fabulous video!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lydia, is there away to use the edgelits so that you don't get a line where the edgelit finishes under the line below the die. I notice you don't have this effect on your Whisper White but every time I do it I get this impression where the edgelit finishes ... hope this makes sense to you?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is an absolute knock-out!

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...